Charlton game thread | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

I know it's (very) early days but I think this game might prove to be a good yardstick for how our season may unfold.

Cracking thread chap...much improvement from AC's attempts. However which fisH cake supplier is sponsoring chap? Also a lack of a palindrome chap...otherwise superb Poacher.A nut for a jar of tuna.

Last edited:
Let's see can Lamouchi sort out our woeful recent away record over the years with a win.

I think we'll nick it 2-1.

We have a proud record of winning 11 of our last 70 SBC away games.

With that record, and given that we won our last away game of last season at QPR, we can expect it to be at least 6 more away games before we win one

Pencil yourselves in for Wigan away on October 19th lads, it's going to be a big away win

Not about positivity.

Our best performance in the last three years has been winning 5 away games under Warburton/Karanka.

In 2015-16 under Freedman we managed 6 away wins.

We won 6 under Pearce and Freeman in 2014-15

We won 6 under Davies in 2013-14

So maybe you prefer 29 wins from 138? Is that more positive?

We went mental under SOD and Davies in 2012-13 and won 7. There you go, positive; we won a playoff-battling number of away games 7 years ago

Charlton play a 4:1:2:1:2 system making them very narrow but very combative in midfield. If we can hold the midfield but attack via the wings we may get a positive result. Their preferred RB is concussed and definitely out. CAFC and the crowd fancy their chances given their start to the season. Keep the defence tight, hold the midfield and attack with width. We will win away before Wigan. Keep Calm.

Charlton play a 4:1:2:1:2 system making them very narrow but very combative in midfield. If we can hold the midfield but attack via the wings we may get a positive result. Their preferred RB is concussed and definitely out. CAFC and the crowd fancy their chances given their start to the season. Keep the defence tight, hold the midfield and attack with width. We will win away before Wigan. Keep Calm.
Not only v Charlton, but with the players that we have using the wings as our creative outlet is the way forward. Thd giants in the middle will break up play, win the ball nd let the boys on the flanks do the damage, look at Saturday nd , apart from the Lolley goal, the goals that we scored nd the sitters we missed came all through some good work on the sides ( I consider Silvas corner as work on the flank)...

I think this formation used to be called the Christmas Tree didn't it?
20190819_173003.jpg
Lyle Taylor is their striker that has been really on form so far and scoring. He is being set up by Jonny Williams and it's lovely to see him doing well. Great player, lovely bloke, just a shame his body hasn't given him the career he could have had.

The 87 year old Darren Pratley will be hitting people with his Zimmer frame as a defensive enforcer while still desperately seeking to sign for us.