Charlton game thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

No, 4 3 2 1 is the Christmas Tree formation as most notably deployed in this Country by Terry Venables and Christian Gross.

Ancelotti also utilised the formation with the AC Milan side early this Century.

The first recorded use of this formation was by Bert Head the Palace manager in the 70s.

The Christmas Tree term came from Colin Welland in the 90s who was writing for the Observer at the time

The Christmas tree formation is very tenable.

To be honest that sounds ok to me, who will be captain though Robinson? Hopefully Milo and Silva come in.

Realistic I think for both players given age and both have a history with injuries. It'll be interesting to see how Worrall gets on without Dawson alongside him.

Great point. It's clear that Dawson will be tutoring/mentoring Worrall. You can see Worrall's improvement, game on game. It should be Figi tonight. Not sure that Chemi and Worrall is the correct partnership away from home.

Just read that cavalho is travelling to Charlton with the team, possibly sub from the bench for a few minutes here and there, hopefully a good sign.

Word down here is he’s still 2/3 weeks away chap. Hopefully that is overly cautious & he gets some minutes.

"Israel international Tomer Hemed joined Charlton on Tuesday from Brighton after the Premier League club agreed to cancel his contract"

thought it had to be while the window was open?

I'd be tempted to play Jenks at RB tonight, and move Cash into the attacking 3 with Lolley and Grabban.

Jenks Figi or Milo with Worral Robbo

Semedo Sow Silva (or Bostock)

Lolley Grabban Cash

I'd be tempted to play Jenks at RB tonight, and move Cash into the attacking 3 with Lolley and Grabban.

Jenks Figi or Milo with Worral Robbo

Semedo Sow Silva (or Bostock)

Lolley Grabban Cash

Hasn’t Milo been ostrichesized?