Charlton game thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Charlton game thread

I think this formation used to be called the Christmas Tree didn't it?
View attachment 34635
Lyle Taylor is their striker that has been really on form so far and scoring. He is being set up by Jonny Williams and it's lovely to see him doing well. Great player, lovely bloke, just a shame his body hasn't given him the career he could have had.

The 87 year old Darren Pratley will be hitting people with his Zimmer frame as a defensive enforcer while still desperately seeking to sign for us.

No, 4 3 2 1 is the Christmas Tree formation as most notably deployed in this Country by Terry Venables and Christian Gross.

Ancelotti also utilised the formation with the AC Milan side early this Century.

The first recorded use of this formation was by Bert Head the Palace manager in the 70s.

The Christmas Tree term came from Colin Welland in the 90s who was writing for the Observer at the time

No, 4 3 2 1 is the Christmas Tree formation as most notably deployed in this Country by Terry Venables and Christian Gross.

Ancelotti also utilised the formation with the AC Milan side early this Century.

The first recorded use of this formation was by Bert Head the Palace manager in the 70s.

The Christmas Tree term came from Colin Welland in the 90s who was writing for the Observer at the time

It looks quite Christmas tree like.

I prefer the Christmas Pudding formation pioneered by Mike Bassett

I assume all you guys talking about Radish actually mean Jack Reddish, Played for Notts. Was a bit fiery.

Did Bert pee on him chap?

I heard he went through a stage before meeting Mildred but thought it was just an allotment rumour.

Did Bert pee on him chap?

I heard he went through a stage before meeting Mildred but thought it was just an allotment rumour.
Sounds like this is regarding him going for a leek rather than a radish chap.By the way chap...how's Mildred?

I'm beginning to think that our new coach knows what he's up to, it looks as though he's not just going to rely on Grabban for goals. You chaps might be in for a change, I hope so for all our sakes.

We'll soon find out.