Charlton Away | Vital Football

Charlton Away

With everything else that's going on this fixture seems to have fallen off the radar.

As well as Darikwa has played at LB recently, if Pearce is fully fit I'd bring him in and swap Darikwa back to RB. Harsh on Power who hasn't done much wrong but I'd drop him and continue with Cousins and Naylor in the middle.
I'd stick with Wyke up top, but what a wealth of riches we have all vying for the other 3 positions, you could perm any 3 from about 7.

The main thing for me is to up our intensity slightly. Second half in the last game we took our foot off and it cost us, once they'd scored we upped the tempo massively again and looked miles better than Wycombe, but we only had minutes to do it in, let's try to have longer sustained periods of the high intensity approach.

I'm on the train tomorrow, not done a London trip for a while, felt obliged to make the effort for this one due to the magnificent support shown by CAFC fans during our darkest hours.

Looking at the Charlton forum, it seems they aren't very happy at all with their new owner and his BS. Another lucky escape for us?

Looking at the Charlton forum, it seems they aren't very happy at all with their new owner and his BS. Another lucky escape for us?
Sandgaard is a very good businessman, but he's not "cash rich" as most of his money is tied up in his other business ventures.
Sounds to me like Charlton fans simply over estimated his wealth.

Suspect they are just letting off steam having had a shit start to the season, one point from their first three. I called these lot having a bad season, Nigel Adkins is an underdog manager, he cannot coach a team under pressure from a big fanbase to win games.

Play like we did vs Wycombe with more cutting edge and we'll beat these.

Pretty damn excited, my first game of season train booked (South Western and South Eastern trains willing)

pay on gate.
Non-Wigan address on driving licence should I need to go in home end (gaffer tape in bag for mouth, should this be necessary)

I’m making the trip but having seen the M4 is closed at Hungerford I’m preparing for another eight hours in the car like last Saturday 😬. Looking forward to it. Seems they have some injuries and the natives are restless. Did I spot super Gav scoring two on the highlights of our last game there? Come on Gav lad you show those Charlton defenders how strong you are after being in gym over the summer 💪

Y
I’m making the trip but having seen the M4 is closed at Hungerford I’m preparing for another eight hours in the car like last Saturday 😬. Looking forward to it. Seems they have some injuries and the natives are restless. Did I spot super Gav scoring two on the highlights of our last game there? Come on Gav lad you show those Charlton defenders how strong you are after being in gym over the summer 💪
My trip to Andover Station was fraught with unscheduled Road closures (not even on Google maps) and biblical rain on small country roads, to make you feel better

Team just announced with Edwards and McClean on the bench. Blackett Taylor on Charlton bench

Latics: Amos; Power, Whatmough, Watts, Darikwa (Capt); Cousins, Naylor; Lang, Keane, Jones; Wyke

Subs: Jones (GK), Pearce, Edwards, Aasgaard, McClean, Massey, Humphrys

Last edited:
Exactly the same but McClean got Robinson's spot. Easily the best that we can field though I still think Lang and Wyke don't do each other any favours.

Edit: oh right Edwards for Smith as you said. Odd.

Last edited: