Charlton Athletic Fan Comments | Vital Football

Charlton Athletic Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Football is a strange game that does throw up unexpected results. But truly anything other than a heavy defeat for Charlton on Tuesday will be a miracle.

Damage limitation is the best we can realistically hope for. Forest could easily put 4 or 5 past us, and we cannot afford to lose half of our GD advantage over Wigan.

Other teams movement cuts through us too easily. Tuesday could be our first real beating this season.

I have got a sneaky feeling that we will get something from this.

Me too, think we're smoking the same stuff.

Charlton hit with another 4 injuries, looks like our luck is never going to change.

These injuries are insane.

Wow: Forest missing Grabban & Ameobi. Apparently rested lots of players.What an Opportunity!

Forest have rested five players!! Not sure why they have replaced them, they'd beat us with just the other six!

I'm not an expert on Notts Forest, but I do know that exactly 24hours ago I backed Charlton at 6/1 to win tonight on Betfair, and now they are currently trading at 9/2, conversely Forest are now 5/6 after being 8/13. As we know about Charlton and we are by no means at full strength, then that would make me conclude that the Forest team must be considerably weaker than what was expected.

Good start but need to stop giving away the ball under no pressure.

Need to get to grips with Joe Lolley. He's got both Doughty and Sarr in his pocket at the moment.

You can see immediately why he's one of the best wingers in the division. Not only does he put fear into defenders when he has the ball but he works even harder to track his runner (Doughty) when out of possession.

Lolley probably the best winger in the division now Hull have sold Bowen so no surprise he looks threatening... we just have to manage him as well as we can.

Oh hello!!!!!

Goal!!!!

It's so easy to get frustrated with Sarr, and then he goes and does stuff like that.

What a bloody goal.

If you could have sex with a cross...

We actually look good again tonight, football eh?

Wont be 4-0 AA imo...

Should hope not against their reserves

Be funny if we do win if that’s what people actually say, “was only their reserves blah blah...” as we’ve played half a season already with a team full of reserves and we still get pelters when we lost.

If Forest chose that team and don’t get a result it’s their problem, we can only play against what’s put in front of us.

Lolley has switched sides to try and make something happen for Forest. Strange one since I thought he was getting joy down our left.

How has Walker missed that!!

Great half. Made Forest look pretty ordinary so far. Super cross from Naby for the goal.

We're playing well. Forest looking like they're suffering a hangover from their Leeds result at the weekend. Expecting them to start the second half very strongly.

We've done well but Forest won't be that bad again in the second half.

Forest will want to pay us 30 million for Sarr after this match.

28,029 here, 805 Addicks fans.

One nil to the Londoners. Loud and proud on sky.

Forest coming on strong now.

Forest, with WBA in mind at the weekend, decide to rest 5 players for tonight. Let's hope that sort of arrogance gets everything it deserves.

You can see their point, though, if they sent a spy to Stoke.

Secret Agent Carl Jenkinson.

Time slows when we're 1-0 up, I don't how the physics works but it's definitely true.

Thought it was good awareness from the Forest defenders for that corner. Move was reliant on them sleeping.

Forest fans turning on their players.

Not happy are they?

Good isn't it?

Let's hope Forest's shots from outside the box continue to be of that quality.

Forest should have scored a few mins ago but havent really tested Phillips tonight.

What a result!! Bowyer got it spot on.

Would have been very happy with a point. That's a fantastic three points.

GET THE F**** IN!!! There, I have sworn for the first time on this forum. Fantastic you Addicks!

What a Result! Finally an Away Win. Great Performance & Great Goal! Also have to say thanks to Forest for resting their best players.

Forest took the piss a bit thinking they would walk a win against us. Thanks Forest you mugs!

That was a very long second half, great team performance and a quality goal too.

Lamouchi - what a ******. Thought the team he put out would turn us over comfortably. He’s gonna get some shit now. Memorable night!

Jenkinson gets pelters among others includng Lamouchi the ignorant twat!

Lolley couldn't cross to save his life.

Can't afford to be without your best players in this league as we've found for most of the season, massive fuck up from the forest manager.

No real desperate stuff and made Forest look ordinary.

I think the Stoke game made Forest take us lightly.

Our MoM? Undoubtedly Signor Lamouchi.

What a performance. Yes they were shit going forward, but who gives a shit? Very well done each player.

Think forest not on top form and maybe put a lot into Saturday but we pressed them loads and they hated it.

Can I take this opportunity to say that whilst I was doing the Auf Wiedersehen Pet in Stuttgart I took the day off work and went to the Forest v Maimo European Cup Final in Munich. Great day out and Forest were the winners by a single goal. However, I got the sack the next day for taking the day off. That’s football for you!

I know they've got a promotion on but 28k attendance for a midweek evening game in the championship is exceptional.

Forest had lots of the ball but didn't do enough with it - Might as well be passing it amongst their Centre Backs for all that does.

Serves you right Forest and hope you lose to WBA too for showing us such little respect!

What a result. We matched them up and outplayed them in spells. And a moment of class decided it.

Forest were not on their game but sod it, that is HUGE for our season. Our first away win since August, our first away clean sheet since August.

We not only won away for the first time since August 31st, but we won in our away kit for the first time this season too.

Forest were meh!!... Absolutely no different to the side that visited the Valley - Say it all the time but teams can play all the pretty passes they like but if they're not going to do anything with it then they wont score, and that was Forest right down to a tee tonight; their best effort on goal was the Sarr effort that Phillips expertly had to save - Lolley had Doughty in his pocket to begin with, he then put Sarr in his pocket before deciding he wanted a tougher challenge for some reason!

Forest made too many changes and were awful. We worked hard, tried to play football in the first 65 mins and deserved to win.

I'd say we controlled the game when we went 1-0 up but when Cash / Semedo came on, thats when we were no longer a threat.

Having seen both our games vs Forest it's hard to believe they're 5th.

Forest looked shakey passing the ball around the back a few times, and then basically played most of the game getting the ball to Lolly to run down the line with. Thought our defence handled him very well tonight.

Forest have been unlucky to see the best of us this year.

Not to be our night. Beaten by the better side on the evening. #NFFC

Absolute class from Nottingham Forest.

They are a classy club.

I have strong memories of then-Forest boss Billy Davies being very nice about us after a game a few years ago.

Hard to dislike Forest, sure we would have given them pelters for time wasting, if the result was reversed.

Can't see why people are getting carried away by this, I've just watched the highlights on sky & apart from our goal & a wayward cross from Doughty it was all Forest.

Wow.

They created a few good chances, but we matched them for most of the game all over the pitch.

The whole point of my comment was we've gone to Forest, by all accounts taken it to them thoroughly deserved the win & all sky could show was almost constant Forest attacks.

Forest were poor in the first half and worse in the second.

Great win, but lets be honest Forest were really poor and we gave the ball away a lot! Can't be doing that on Saturday.

How bad was Carl Jenkinson by the way? Rapid decline.

Didn't think Jenkinson was any worse than anyone else in the Forest team last night. Managed to bring the ball out from the back with pace a few times, which is something I'd love to see our defenders do.

Support was again superb. Poor ginger lad took the stick well and the Forest fans really didnt have any answers to the commenst and songs coming thier way. Once they had to hand all those fake flags back into stadium staff (*note to new owners, manufactured atmospheres are not whats needed) they were pretty quiet. Lovely ground, nice stewards and 3 points, fair reward after last saturday.

"You're just a shit Ed Sheeran" came through clearly on the telly.

Anyone have any clue as to when we started singing mull of kintyre? Forest sing it too.

Some time shortly after Paul McCartney had a hit with it, I would guess.
End of the '70's? 'Valley Floyd Road' is an institution with the fans now, I accept that. But the tune being borrowed from one of the corniest old bits of sentimental tat that Macca ever came out with (and sentimental tat was something he excelled at) is just embarrassing to me, and always will be.

Fortunately by now, most fans under 40 probably aren't even aware of the original chart-topping ditty.

Forest sing it about 2 minutes before the kick off, hairs on the back of your next stuff. It absolutely ruins YNWA by the mickies.

You're joking?

I'm being serious, the entire ground sing it.

Well done everyone including the Forest manager.

That sarr was very solid last night. Don't think Sabri disrespected them I think he was more concerned with Saturday, he used the squad and the squad let him down. If he'd kept the back 4 and Watson we'd probably have at least drawn.

Cheers CP, nothing in there to argue with or get upset at. We fucked up and have nobody to blame but ourselves. If we lose on Saturday that will be six points dropped from one stupid decision.

Bit of a Forest love in from some of the Charlton fans which makes a pleasant change as most opposition fans seem to hate us these days.