Charity runner mugged & beaten. | Vital Football

Charity runner mugged & beaten.

Juan Mourep

Vital 1st Team Regular
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/01/jamie-mcdonald-beaten-up_n_4528346.html

A man dubbed the "British Forrest Gump" has been beaten up and robbed during a charity run across Canada.

Jamie McDonald was dressed as a superhero when he was set upon in the ski resort of Banff, Alberta, losing his hard drive, camera and wallet - which are crucial to his ambitious project.

The 27-year-old, who suffered blows to the head in the incident, said the bag could be worth a "million dollars in fundraising" and has launched an appeal on social networking sites to get the bag back.

McDonald, who suffered from a debilitating immune deficiency and potentially fatal spinal condition syringomyelia as a child, spent the first nine years of his life in and out of children's hospitals and is running to raise funds for SickKids Foundation, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity and the Pied Piper Appeal.

He has also recently won two major awards having been voted male runner of the year and won the Golden Shoe from Running Magazine.

Yes, sister in law sent me this yesterday, mainly because syringomyelia is my chuffing problem. Well, part of it, the other part was the Chiari Malformation.

Isn't it awful a brave guy doing good in the world gets a kicking by some low life scum?

I so hope that low life scum dies a very very slow and painful death and feel no guilt at all saying so.

Yes I seen it too. It makes you wonder eh! Wonder what?. I know what I would like to say to the scum, and it wouldn't be polite like a judge

Only just seen this, words can not describe such cowardice.