Charges dropped against Bettison | Vital Football

Charges dropped against Bettison

Heard a lot about justice in this case.

But justice isn't just the verdict you want. Justice is also a case being dropped where there isn't sufficient evidence or arguments to pursue the charges brought.

Something always gets me about public servants whose job it is to prevent tragedy being criminally prosecuted because they failed or made a mistake that had unforseen consequences. We employ these people because we hope they can save lives. Not because we demand that they do and are absolutely flawless.

That said, there is no excuse for lying

But justice isn't just the verdict you want. Justice is also a case being dropped where there isn't sufficient evidence or arguments to pursue the charges brought.

Something always gets me about public servants whose job it is to prevent tragedy being criminally prosecuted because they failed or made a mistake that had unforseen consequences. We employ these people because we hope they can save lives. Not because we demand that they do and are absolutely flawless.

The middle paragraph I'm in absolute agreement with.

Trust me, you haven't heard the last of this.

The Scum Scouse will still want their pound of flesh.

It might take them another 25/30 years but they won't let it go!!!!

Why shouldn't civil servants be flawless?

Everyone from Liverpool is flawless and nobody from Liverpool has ever done anything wrong or ever made a mistake ever.

I was there that sad day, I was also behind the leppings lane end only an hour before kick off and all I could see were the police and supporters scuffling, jostling and the like. All of us in the car said there would be trouble, just wish it wasn't as bad as what did eventually happen. R.I.P to the 96 fuck the drunken twats that played a major part in it.

I was there that sad day, I was also behind the leppings lane end only an hour before kick off and all I could see were the police and supporters scuffling, jostling and the like. All of us in the car said there would be trouble, just wish it wasn't as bad as what did eventually happen. R.I.P to the 96 fuck the drunken twats that played a major part in it.

I too was there and we came in from the Leppings Lane End - It was manic.
The police could not cope with those trying to climb over the walls, even those on horse back.
I've written my story many times on sites & boards like this and I've gone on and on - page after page of which I don't want to do again, so I'm going to leave it there other than to say - every time it rears its ugly head you will always hear me say.....................
"Here we go again and this will not be the end of it"

How many more years are the Scum going to carry it on - I won't be surprised when someones Great Grand Kids dig something up and want to sue someone!!!!

I can see why they want to blame everyone else it must be truly awful in whatever quiet moments of reflection they have some of them must know what they did.

It is truly horrific what happened & i would have thought the same about quiet reflection would also be felt by the police & safety officials.

there’s a bit of campaigning about Orgreave & their justice movement one of their slogans & I know some of Liverpool fans have used; never forget, never forgive. I’m not sure what anyone is supposed to do with that or what they can possibly hope to achieve.

I can see why they want to blame everyone else it must be truly awful in whatever quiet moments of reflection they have some of them must know what they did.

It is truly horrific what happened & i would have thought the same about quiet reflection would also be felt by the police & safety officials.

there’s a bit of campaigning about Orgreave & their justice movement one of their slogans & I know some of Liverpool fans have used; never forget, never forgive. I’m not sure what anyone is supposed to do with that or what they can possibly hope to achieve.

You don't need excuses when you're a Scouse and the whole worlds against you!!!

I was there too. My 3 mates were in the middle pen of the Leppings Lane end. I went back to the car to wait for them, and when 2 returned the 3 of us went back to wait for the fourth. He came out around 6pm I think.
Although I didn't witness anything before the game, I saw the carnage after. Also had the opinions of my 3 mates who lived it