Changes | Vital Football

Changes

MaltaRed

Vital Football Hero
So we have almost 2 weeks without club football. 8 games left to play...nothing to play for apart from pride nd contracts.
What will be Karanka's plan? Go for results nd continue playing with a proven team? If that is tge case both the midfield nd defence can remain as is..this will leave him with the forwards to adjust...not much options there. But according to his last interview he is going to use these last games to assess the rest of the squad in view of the summer clearout.
So what r these changes?
Defence
R we going to see the new keeper? Is Smith done for this season?
Fox is playing for a contract would you swap him by Mancienne or Worrall for a couple of games? Will we see Lichaj again? What about Fuentes? Hobbs is playing the odx game in the 23 but i doubt that he is even considered fir the senior team..more to put him in the shop windiw for prospective employers for next season..
Midfield
I doubt that Watson nd Colback will be rested..so when Gueddy nd Brudcutt r going to play again?...my guess is that Vaughan is already on holiday...nd Bouchs in Greece...on the flanks Lolley nd Cash has been first class...r we going to see Mckay again? What about Dowell?..under Warrby he was the star..now he is a shadow nd looks like a player that cannot wait for the season to finish...nd leave..
Upfront
Here is the area were Karanka can mix nd match...not many options but apart from nursing Tommo ( nd give the odd rest).. tgere is not much choice with the rest of the strikers...cant understand why Murphy keeps getting game time..he is done...my guess is that or he will be loaned to a L1 team next season or his contract paid off..he is not going to get any better...

mao tse tung - 19/3/2018 18:33

PsychoTheLegend - 19/3/2018 18:26

And.

I'm glad someone else bothered to read it.

I don't suppose you would care to translate it into a readable format, would you?
Its an open discussion on any changes in the starting 11 ..line up...in the remaing 8 games...what r your thoughts etc...

MaltaRed - 19/3/2018 19:06

mao tse tung - 19/3/2018 18:33

PsychoTheLegend - 19/3/2018 18:26

And.

I'm glad someone else bothered to read it.

I don't suppose you would care to translate it into a readable format, would you?
Its an open discussion on any changes in the starting 11 ..line up...in the remaing 8 games...what r your thoughts etc...

Yes, there will be some changes over the next 8 games; the manager has already sated that he will give players the chance to impress.

Are you aware that someone has stolen all of the vowels from your keyboard?

Hey Malta, you could take the opportunity during the break to get that "a" button fixed on your keyboard :18:

Pearced - 20/3/2018 17:32

Hey Malta, you could take the opportunity during the break to get that "a" button fixed on your keyboard :18:
Nothing to do with the keyboard...i was using the phone :17: ....lets be serious now nd discuss the contents of tge thread...everyone knows what is the aim of the thread...I raised some questions/topics to discuss about what changes we think Karanka can do in the remaining 8 games so he can give a chance to the fringe players...without risking to disrupt the positive momentum..i think it is better then keep wasting time talking about the Derby game v Cardiff...

MaltaRed - 20/3/2018 17:52

Pearced - 20/3/2018 17:32

Nothing to do with the keyboard...i was using the phone :17: ....lets be serious now nd discuss the contents of tge thread...everyone knows what is the aim of the thread...I raised some questions/topics to discuss about what changes we think Karanka can do in the remaining 8 games so he can give a chance to the fringe players...without risking to disrupt the positive momentum..i think it is better then keep wasting time talking about the Derby game v Cardiff...

I suppose it all depend on the plans. If we are planning to sign Pants, Tomlin, Colback and presumably Figureido we may as well keep playing them. We need to make a decision on Fox too. If Pants is leaving we may as well give Kapino a go, although either way he will be here next year, May be worth seeing if Bridcutt can play alongside Watson too. In the last home game we should bring on Vaughan and Cohen (if he can stand up!) for a few minutes as well!

I think Smith is done for the season but still has a future at the club.

I think Fox will earn a new contract. I'd like to see Worrell a bit more this season, but like Smith I feel he's done for the season as Karanka tries to build up momentum for next season. I think they're both great prospects to come into the team as back up over the next year or so.

Would like to thinm Lichaj will be a squad player next season, he's very good backup and has the right qualities what the manager wants...

...unlike Bridcutt, who won't be Karanka's cup of tea based on his transitioning and positioning off the ball - not a slight of the player I just feel he's too positive in his mindset. That's not a slight to the manager either, just not his kind of CM.

Vaughan is probably still one of the better players in the squad but I think his time is up and Karanka is looking to the next season already.

I don't think McKay has the right mindset for Karanka either. Dowell neither but might get a game or three.

Murphy won't get better but even if he gets worse he's still one of the most effective players at this level. He looked heavy-legged the last time I saw him so there is a questionmark over his fitness, but Karanka may want to persevere with him up front for his presence and to bring others into play considering I think he'll be playing a 4-2-3-1 next season, so it's essential for the ball to stick and the defenders to have their hands full or the other three attackers won't have chance to get forward.

And don't forget he knows where the back of the net is, he's also one of the most sucessful goalscorers in this league's recent history, and although he's 35, pace was never his forte.

So often when playing with one up front, when the rest of the team sorts itself out the striker starts looking good - I think that's been a problem for Forest this season. Murphy is the safe option for Karanka - albeit a short term one. Personally I'd like to see him get somebody (only a little) younger but it's difficult to find somebody who can play up front alone. Somebody like Jordan Rhodes would be perfect but they don't grow on trees.