Championships Striker For A Championship Club . | Vital Football

Championships Striker For A Championship Club .

keggy_keagal

Vital Football Hero
Dwight Gayle has signed a three year extension to his current contract. This is the club that wouldn't sign Rondon. Also Gayle isn't playing, why would anyone sign just to sit on the bench or occasionally play sub appearances....on the wing ??

Something doesn't add up, although if assurances have been given that Broocey is gone by the Summer anyway then a lot of issues would potentially be ironed out.

Its widely accepted that Gayle is very good at Championship level, but a bit hit and missy (subject to getting a decent run in the team) in the premiership . Looks like they are securing the services of a very good finisher for their expected league participation.

From Gayle's point of view it's a no brainer. £40k a week for the next 3 years. How many clubs would pay that sort of money for someone who is 31 and injured more often than not?

Doesn't say much for anybody at the club having much hope of staying up. Having Bruce as manager in the championship will be like going back to the days of Jim Smith as manager.

Doesn't say much for anybody at the club having much hope of staying up. Having Bruce as manager in the championship will be like going back to the days of Jim Smith as manager.

I think that’s a bit harsh TiK - Smith knew tactics and could motivate. He got Newcastle third playing attacking football only for his team to blow automatic promotion by losing to the likes of Bournemouth and Bradford, who were relegated. Really cannot see anything but a successive relegation to the 3rd under this regime 2bh.

I think that’s a bit harsh TiK - Smith knew tactics and could motivate. He got Newcastle third playing attacking football only for his team to blow automatic promotion by losing to the likes of Bournemouth and Bradford, who were relegated. Really cannot see anything but a successive relegation to the 3rd under this regime 2bh.
I did think I was being very harsh on Jim Smith after I had posted that Finn tbh. I have to agree that I can see nothing but downwards with Bruce. He's an utter charlatan. Although the spawny git will probably somehow contrive to avoid relegation and get his bonus

I wish I could share your optimism. If, indeed, that’s what that was!
I'm not optimistic about the chances of staying up. Not sure I want them to stay up, big part of me thinks a few seasons in the championship may be a good thing and help to finally rid us of Ashley

Neither am I it does not look good. I think both Fulham and Brighton are far superior to us that was reflected by the score line in our last outing.

Neither am I it does not look good. I think both Fulham and Brighton are far superior to us that was reflected by the score line in our last outing.
In the interest of balance, Fulhams and Brightons current available teams are far superior to ours.

Take out four of their BEST players and see how superior they look then.

I reckon I'm one of the youngest posters on here, the 50-65 age group seem hell bent on making a mockery of the saying wisdom comes with age 😂

I still think agent Broocey will be getting the backslaps and plaudits from Ashley and co come May as safety will be achieved. Not because he will have done anything of note but the returning purples will get the 3 wins needed.

In the interest of balance, Fulhams and Brightons current available teams are far superior to ours.

Take out four of their BEST players and see how superior they look then.

I reckon I'm one of the youngest posters on here, the 50-65 age group seem hell bent on making a mockery of the saying wisdom comes with age 😂
Haha probably about right when it comes to NUFC. I know one thing and that is we are not very good😂

This contract is to stop him walking for free. He could still be sold in the summer. Just like Schar got the extra year. Just to stop him walking for free.