Championship automatic promotion– Pick your 2 teams | Vital Football

Championship automatic promotion– Pick your 2 teams

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
Which 2 Championship teams will, in your opinion at the end of the season gain automatic promotion?

You can amend / change your choice at anytime.

As it stands my 2 are…

Wolves (champs) – unless their wheel falls off they look certs.
Derby – currently second, 2 points ahead of Cardiff.

Other contenders are Cardiff, Villa, Bristol City and Sheffield Utd.

Any of the above are so called big clubs and IMO they wouldn’t look out of place in the PL.

Wolves and Derby.
Although you haven't asked for it, I think Villa will come back up through the play-ofs.

If Bristol City were to come up, what would they do (if anything) about the fact they also share their ground with the rugby club?
I don't think this would have happened before.

Rising - 24/1/2018 14:14

If Bristol City were to come up, what would they do (if anything) about the fact they also share their ground with the rugby club?

I think QPR did the same with the London Broncos

Tudor - 22/1/2018 13:28

Which 2 Championship teams will, in your opinion at the end of the season gain automatic promotion?

You can amend / change your choice at anytime.

As it stands my 2 are…

Wolves (champs) – unless their wheel falls off they look certs.
Derby – currently second, 2 points ahead of Cardiff.

Other contenders are Cardiff, Villa, Bristol City and Sheffield Utd.

Any of the above are so called big clubs and IMO they wouldn’t look out of place in the PL.

Looks as though its Cardiff, Wolves and Villa in the main race now with Fulham and Derby just lagging behind.

Yes, Bristol city have faded and the others are stronger, so I think you can count them out now.
Fulham are on a great run.

Buzz Lightyear - 24/1/2018 14:31

Rising - 24/1/2018 14:14

I think QPR did the same with the London Broncos

And Wigan did with Wigan Warriors (league)

Dreading the return of that Neanderthal, Warnock, with his pompous, snide comments and agricultural ‘football’ (n)

As THE top club in the of the Premier League in terms of position and wealth,do any of you take any interest in clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 who have to survive on a fraction of what you spend on your subs bench?
I work with several people in the 16-20 age bracket who support non local top six clubs and are totally ignorant of anything that happens from below the Championship to the point that two of them genuinely thought that the FA Cup started from Round 3
I'm not having a pop at City and their fans but the football pyramid and the uneven payments

As THE top club in the of the Premier League in terms of position and wealth,do any of you take any interest in clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 who have to survive on a fraction of what you spend on your subs bench?
I work with several people in the 16-20 age bracket who support non local top six clubs and are totally ignorant of anything that happens from below the Championship to the point that two of them genuinely thought that the FA Cup started from Round 3
I'm not having a pop at City and their fans but the football pyramid and the uneven payments

I do think the spread of money within the footballing pyramid is wrong but, the EFL do get a huge chunk from the PL. How much, I couldn't say. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

Nothing is perfect, I know that. But I for one are interested in clubs below the PL and love seeing the results in the FA Cup Round One, Two etc. It is what makes me love football. Especially some of the non-league sides who get results against the League clubs.

The clubs in League 2 will get approximately £900,000 this season,there is no pyramid system so all the clubs gets the same amount,compare that to £66+million that the bottom club will receive in the Premier League and then the parachute payments that they will get for the three years then the gulf is staggering,clubs in League 2 have no chance of reaching the top flight like they could say 30 years ago,Wimbledon springs to mind as example of what could be done before Sky got involved with football,that would never happen now

The clubs in League 2 will get approximately £900,000 this season,there is no pyramid system so all the clubs gets the same amount,compare that to £66+million that the bottom club will receive in the Premier League and then the parachute payments that they will get for the three years then the gulf is staggering,clubs in League 2 have no chance of reaching the top flight like they could say 30 years ago,Wimbledon springs to mind as example of what could be done before Sky got involved with football,that would never happen now

Swansea and Bournemouth beg to differ. There's plenty of clubs that have made it to the top tier having spent time in the 3rd and 4th tier since Sky came in.

Yes to the question am I interested in the lower leagues. I will quite happily watch a game from leagues 1 and 2 if they're on the tele.
I just love football.

Swansea and Bournemouth beg to differ. There's plenty of clubs that have made it to the top tier having spent time in the 3rd and 4th tier since Sky came in.
That is true but it's harder now that it's ever been to get promoted,the money just isn't there to step from League 2 to even the Championship,look at clubs like Forest who have been stuck there for years and they have attendances of 25,000+,a lot of the clubs in League 2 get fewer than 5,000,Accrington are top but seem to be punching above their weight considering their budget for this season but I would say that League 1 will be their ceiling,for a club to get £66m for coming last in a competition doesn't make sense and then to get tens of millions to help them out in the Championship is ridiculous

Yes to the question am I interested in the lower leagues. I will quite happily watch a game from leagues 1 and 2 if they're on the tele.
I just love football.
That's good to hear,but would you go to your local lower league club to watch them if City was playing away for example?

That's good to hear,but would you go to your local lower league club to watch them if City was playing away for example?

I have to confess - no. But I am a female and now live in the south and from what I can gather I'd get eaten alive if I went to my local club on my own. Mr. Rising is not interested in lower league footie.

It is a totally unbalanced structure I'm afraid, most of the "big" clubs generate their own income and massively topped up by Sky.
The smaller lesser supported teams that make it to the prem are given an unfair advantage with these parachute payments leaving any club in the 2nd tier (who have never been in the top flight) unable to live with those relegated hence the majority of these clubs get promoted the following season (exceptions are generally mis-managed clubs like Sunderland)