Champions League - Red Star Belgrade FC (The Red-Whites) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 15 | Vital Football

Champions League - Red Star Belgrade FC (The Red-Whites) vs Tottenham Hotspur

RD - spot on with Cahill.

Such great punditry. I'm not surprised that Cahill understands Dele more than most. Cahill subtly told Keane he's talking absolute shit and he had no understanding of the player and in no way wanted to help him. "you don't play bad because you're trying to play bad" and then following it up with a fact that Dele had run the most miles on the pitch in the game Keane slammed him. Doesn't sound like a guy more interested in his modelling career.

I only see one major shortfall in him and that is his pace. I don't conform to the idea that his brain doesn't work as quick as some around him. For me, he's at that elite level and he's proven that with his false number 9 play and his regular assists. Just like when Lo Celso scored. He'd already secured a nailed on penalty by his intelligence with his back to goal. He can iron out the other minor chinks in his game like slowing down play and sometimes being wasteful in possession. That's fair, but fixable.

Ultimately, I just want him 100% fit. He's proven at 80% he can still contribute with assists. We need him at 100% when he will continue to be up there in the running stats and I think the goals will also come easy to a fit Dele Alli. I also think he's one of these that make the sum of the parts greater than what they appear. Lo Celso is like that as well.

RD - spot on with Cahill.

Such great punditry. I'm not surprised that Cahill understands Dele more than most. Cahill subtly told Keane he's talking absolute shit and he had no understanding of the player and in no way wanted to help him. "you don't play bad because you're trying to play bad" and then following it up with a fact that Dele had run the most miles on the pitch in the game Keane slammed him. Doesn't sound like a guy more interested in his modelling career.

I only see one major shortfall in him and that is his pace. I don't conform to the idea that his brain doesn't work as quick as some around him. For me, he's at that elite level and he's proven that with his false number 9 play and his regular assists. Just like when Lo Celso scored. He'd already secured a nailed on penalty by his intelligence with his back to goal. He can iron out the other minor chinks in his game like slowing down play and sometimes being wasteful in possession. That's fair, but fixable.

Ultimately, I just want him 100% fit. He's proven at 80% he can still contribute with assists. We need him at 100% when he will continue to be up there in the running stats and I think the goals will also come easy to a fit Dele Alli. I also think he's one of these that make the sum of the parts greater than what they appear. Lo Celso is like that as well.
Excellent as ever Muttley. I dont always agree with you but I am never in any doubt that you have considered every word you have written. On Delle I 100% agree the people wetting themselves over Mason Mount don't get he is keeping Alli's place warm in the national side ge is half the player Alli can be. If we get him fit and focused there is a player in their able to affect matches at the apex of world football. Whatever else is needed on Spurs journey to title winning team, the boy can be part of it.

It's now looking like we will go into the last 16 of the CL. So in view of recent comments regarding the Europa being more our level. What do we think now with our new found positives. ?.

I still believe that our chances of European glory, are greater in the Europa, we don't have the quality or depth needed to win a CL .

I think that is a little unfair to say they havent been good enough for some time. Jan had a great season last year and Eriksen, up until Feb was still performing at a very high level.

I do think Jan's slight decline is age now as he does appear to have lost a yard of pace but I have no doubt in my mind that Toby and Eriksen would be more than good enough IF they had settled situations. As soon as Toby's contract situation started to look problematic his decline started and the same has happened since Eriksen decline the offer at the start of the year.

Toby's decline started with his major injury - he's not even got close to the standards he showed before; same goes for Jan, that and age has made him look like an abolsute liability at times - the key is when they do raise their game, they can't play to it consistently; hence why our defence became what it did - the same is true of Rose, you can get the odd cameo out of these players and it lifts you to think they might be back - then you just had to watch their next performances to see that they were all in steep decline.

As for Erisken, I said before the start of the last season he'd switched off and his mind was elsewhere; his hernia op was a minor one and it's being used as an excuse.

EX, I don't do behind folks back. So I'm going to address you publicly. Anything I say on this forum I'd say to your face. As you said our recruitment boss steve, was your freind I replied it may blind your objectivity. This was in regard to scouting generally and Tanguy N'dombele specifically. If that's something that offends you, have a word with me, 80 acting like it's an offensive comment generally and removing it is frankly odd and over bearing. I took you to be a rather more robust character than that( God knows you and I have stirred each other up enough over the years) so I'd be genuinely surprised if 80's over reaction came at you bequest. As I've been a contributor to this site longer than him or most and NEVER had a comment deleted it frankly annoys the hell out of me. So subject to a full explanation as opposed to "post what I want". I'll be taking my leave of Vital Spurs. Sad that its come to this an over such an innocuous issue at that but emblematic perhaps of one or two trying too hard, and not thinking clearly. My saying you are not being objective is certainly not an ad hominem attack perhaps get Mods with dictionaries. Is my last passing contribution.

EX, I don't do behind folks back. So I'm going to address you publicly. Anything I say on this forum I'd say to your face. As you said our recruitment boss steve, was your freind I replied it may blind your objectivity. This was in regard to scouting generally and Tanguy N'dombele specifically. If that's something that offends you, have a word with me, 80 acting like it's an offensive comment generally and removing it is frankly odd and over bearing. I took you to be a rather more robust character than that( God knows you and I have stirred each other up enough over the years) so I'd be genuinely surprised if 80's over reaction came at you bequest. As I've been a contributor to this site longer than him or most and NEVER had a comment deleted it frankly annoys the hell out of me. So subject to a full explanation as opposed to "post what I want". I'll be taking my leave of Vital Spurs. Sad that its come to this an over such an innocuous issue at that but emblematic perhaps of one or two trying too hard, and not thinking clearly. My saying you are not being objective is certainly not an ad hominem attack perhaps get Mods with dictionaries. Is my last passing contribution.

Personally I hope you reconsider leaving......many will miss your contributions.

Excellent as ever Muttley. I dont always agree with you but I am never in any doubt that you have considered every word you have written. On Delle I 100% agree the people wetting themselves over Mason Mount don't get he is keeping Alli's place warm in the national side ge is half the player Alli can be. If we get him fit and focused there is a player in their able to affect matches at the apex of world football. Whatever else is needed on Spurs journey to title winning team, the boy can be part of it.

It would be a boring world if we all agreed. You and I often think alike though. Was watching Mason Mount at Wembley for England recently and thought to myself that he runs around a lot but what else. Didn't see the class that some are predicting and nowhere near a 100% Dele......or a Lamps.

Hopefully a few background conversations will sort this Spurdon, as your contributions here are a vital part of it. As you said it's an innocuous issue and hopefully it won't come to symbolize anything more than the need for a bit of realignment and clarity about what this Forum is for. i've never seen Ex not get up after a crunching tackle..

Spurdon,

sorry mate I have no idea what you're on about!?!

What exchange have you had with 80?!!

Spurdon,

sorry mate I have no idea what you're on about!?!

What exchange have you had with 80?!!

Ok, have found the post he deleted - I'll message him, it really isn't anything personally offensive to me at all.

Direct message me as I certainly wouldn't have deleted it.

Hopefully a few background conversations will sort this Spurdon, as your contributions here are a vital part of it. As you said it's an innocuous issue and hopefully it won't come to symbolize anything more than the need for a bit of realignment and clarity about what this Forum is for. i've never seen Ex not get up after a crunching tackle..

Seriously Paddy, whatever reason 80 did what he did, I think he saw something in Spudon's post that wouldn't have offended me one single iota.

I think I've undeleted it now - as I said, nothing in it to offend me at all!

I want to see Dier back at DM not CB, will give Ndombele more freedom ......

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh, no.

While playing in the Central Midfield...

Dier's analysis shows he struggles with 180+ Awareness, and mightily struggles with 270+, to the point of detriment.

He also shows tendencies to misread his teammates defensive cover runs to the outside, leaving his area of responsibility, and opening space directly through our middle, especially in the defending 3rd, which is beyond worrisome.

He just doesn't have the stuff necessary for a CM. He's a liability in almost every facet of the game in that position. And offers little in the form of offense.

HOWEVER.....

Take away his blindside, and he rates on a completely different scale.

Some players just do better facing a specific direction, and he is a classic case. He's done well at CB, last match I thought he was really good, and definitely felt he was more comfortable and composed.

I believe his best natural position is RB.

He has tremendous speed, nifty enough to get by at pace, and actually is a very strong long-ball passer. Has whipped in some decent crosses, and I think he would be much more consistent & effective than Serge.

Under our squad circumstances, maybe CB is the best for him at the moment, but I think he could be a revelation at the RB in Poch's system.

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh, no.

While playing in the Central Midfield...

Dier's analysis shows he struggles with 180+ Awareness, and mightily struggles with 270+, to the point of detriment.

He also shows tendencies to misread his teammates defensive cover runs to the outside, leaving his area of responsibility, and opening space directly through our middle, especially in the defending 3rd, which is beyond worrisome.

He just doesn't have the stuff necessary for a CM. He's a liability in almost every facet of the game in that position. And offers little in the form of offense.

HOWEVER.....

Take away his blindside, and he rates on a completely different scale.

Some players just do better facing a specific direction, and he is a classic case. He's done well at CB, last match I thought he was really good, and definitely felt he was more comfortable and composed.

I believe his best natural position is RB.

He has tremendous speed, nifty enough to get by at pace, and actually is a very strong long-ball passer. Has whipped in some decent crosses, and I think he would be much more consistent & effective than Serge.

Under our squad circumstances, maybe CB is the best for him at the moment, but I think he could be a revelation at the RB in Poch's system.

Excellent analysis re his MF play and I think he is better in either CB or RB....I think he reads the game better from the back my only doubts about his CB play is that he tends to stand off players around the box allowing them to get a shot away so maybe RB would be his best position.

We all seem to forget that RedStar had the better opportunities to score in the first half but did not take them (and Gazza played well anyway) else we would not have won comfortably and we would not be hiding the defensive cracks which a PL team would have exploited. I hold my judgement as to if we are turning the corner until we get a run of results together personally.

Was very please with our 'new; attack minded midfielders though! (until Ericshitsen came on)

Hope you reconsider Spurdon mate, I have enjoyed your contributions on here for many a year.Whatever disagreements we all have on here shouldn't result in one of our own feeling they need to leave so I hope its sorted out.

Hope you reconsider Spurdon mate, I have enjoyed your contributions on here for many a year.Whatever disagreements we all have on here shouldn't result in one of our own feeling they need to leave so I hope its sorted out.
Mate it's all cool, EX (typically graciously might I add)rescinded my Red card. I don't expect I'll get an apology from Mike Riley too much hubris, so I'm putting it down to power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. You know like that time The Donald wanted to nuke a hurricane because....well just because he could.

Last edited: