Champions League - Red Star Belgrade FC (The Red-Whites) vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 12 | Vital Football

Champions League - Red Star Belgrade FC (The Red-Whites) vs Tottenham Hotspur

Good result and reasonable performance but Red Star are no Sheffield Utd...tempo and pace will be an issue against them..

Thought Dier played well, reading the game well when necessary, but then again neither CB was really under pressure....ND great but did try to be too clever a couple of times which let them in on goal but as excellent in the creative department....I hate the way we never shoot first time when played in on the edge of the box...Alli, Kane, ND and Eriksen all guilty of one touch too many but nit picking really...well done lads

I'm guessing that Alderweireld was rested with United in mind. I'd like to keep the best of what we have seen over these last few games. United are fearless they will come at us if we stand firm we can pick them off.
Gazza
Foyth Alderweireld Sanchez Davis
Sissoko N'dombele
Locelso Dele Son
Kane

Moura
Sessingnon
Deir
Winks
Aurier
Vorm

Be interesting to see the team selected on Sat..... Be Good if Poch sees what Lo Celso and others being to the team....
Be interesting to see the team selected on Sat..... Be Good if Poch sees what Lo Celso and others being to the team....

Listen poch will piss us all off and drop lo celso and start Ericsicksen

BTW, do we know whether the early Dele sub was tactical or just precautionary? I hope he's not felt that hamstring tighten again.

Well Lo Celso is everything I said he was and he’ll only improve further. N’dombele just gets better - and we looked much better balanced if a little narrow.

I hope Dier will now fight to keep a place as a CB - as I’ve long argued it’s his natural position.

All in all absolutely nothing to complain about. Good to see Sess on - now at long last we can see the difference these buys can make.

- that said, they really were poor and I really did think they’d step it up and give us a tough game - but this may well be the sort of Confidence boost we so desperately needed.

Whilst Eriksen still looks like his lost his memory and can’t work out how to pass - even his goal might get him to re-learn some basic skills.

Well done Poch - big pat on the back for tactically and selection wise getting it 100% right. Playing Son was absolutely the right thing to do.

Last edited:
Well Lo Celso is everything I said he was and he’ll only improve further. N’dombele just gets better - and we looked much better balanced if a little narrow.

I hope Dier will now fight to keep a place as a CB - as I’ve long argued it’s his natural position.

All in all absolutely nothing to complain about. Good to see Sess on - now at long last we can see the difference these buys can make.

- that said, they really were poor and I really did think they’d step it up and give us a tough game - but this may well the sort of Confidence boost we so desperately needed.

Whilst Eriksen still looks like his lost his memory and can’t work out how to pass - even his goal might get him to re-learn some basic skills.

Well done Poch - big pat on the back for tactically and selection wise for getting it 100% right. Playing Son was absolutely the right thing to do.
Brave to play Dier in there with such little game time.

Some great stats for Loco. 90 % pass rate, more touches than any player, scores on full debut. Might make Eriksen buck his ideas up and play a bit. Any clubs interested in Eriksen might think .....hang on, this Loco kid is better.

As I said, there were all the top clubs chasing him and it’s taken a circular route to get him - but hopefully we can see why we had to be so patient to get our top two targets.
two more additions and we may actually be in very good shape again. Time will tell.

I hear it was just precautionary Muttley. Do you know if Winks is injured or not?

No, he didn't travel. Probably a stronger case to play him in the home games where we dominate possession though especially now we have some players who want to take the ball off him.

If Dele, Ndombele and Lo Celso can really get going Winks will be fighting with Sissoko and Dier for one midfield spot. I can't see Poch wanting to leave Son out in one of his purple patches.

It's gonna get interesting now.

No, he didn't travel. Probably a stronger case to play him in the home games where we dominate possession though especially now we have some players who want to take the ball off him.

If Dele, Ndombele and Lo Celso can really get going Winks will be fighting with Sissoko and Dier for one midfield spot. I can't see Poch wanting to leave Son out in one of his purple patches.

It's gonna get interesting now.

I just hope he doesn’t try and shoe horn Eriksen back into the starting line- up. With le Celso now fit and incredibly able, we simply do not need to do that again.

2 subtle but welcome changes tonight as well.

The first was that we were back to pressing all over the pitch and leaving them with no time to think. Guys like Lo Celso lead by example in that department and don't wait for others. They just unselfishly do it. We've been doing a great impression of the Chuckle Brothers all season in the pressing department.

The second is very subtle. That is the goalkeeper distribution. Finding that balance between when to play short and when to play long but eliminating those stupid dinks to the wide areas where we always lose possession. I thought Gazza's decision making with ball at feet was outstanding.

I just hope he doesn’t try and shoe horn Eriksen back into the starting line- up. With le Celso now fit and incredibly able, we simply do not need to do that again.
Loco cant play every game. One good game against a poor Red Star is not conclusive , will Eriksen stand by and see his value and desirability go down the toilet. There's a new kid in town to take his crown !! He might just turn in on now. If they have a fight between them to win a place that's great .

Knowing that he will.

Here's the rub though. Eriksen is a great player when he wants to be. What I sort of felt tonight was that he had no choice but to work harder in this setup. Just after he came on I almost felt the growls and the angry looks from team mates when he didn't do as much shutting down as Dele who had just left the field. Instinctively they FELT it, just like we all observed it.

It's one thing getting a free ride with the manager. It's another when you have your team mates having high expectations on you and willing to let you know. That might snap him out of his malaise. Competition for places is never a bad thing.

Clutching at straws maybe.

Next fixtures are interesting. We're home to Olympiakos, and BM away to Red Star. Both win and we're through. They lose and we win also both through. They win and we lose then we'll be playing second string BM in December when they have already won the group. Things are looking up.

Well one thing is for sure...we have proven we can beat a shit Red Star Belgrade team!

In the end we needed it, good work.

MP doing his usual dipshit crap and bringing on Eriksen though...NAF OFF.

I missed the entire thing for work, thanks guys for the great reads!!!

Oh and extremely happy that Lo Celso played well...I do think the kid has looked bright the few minutes we have seen him.