Champions League Quarter-Final Draw | Page 2 | Vital Football

Champions League Quarter-Final Draw

Why give us a comparatively easy draw in the last round but draw PSG and Real together - unless they aren't particularly enamoured with PSG either. Give Real Basel to deal with and let us go head to head with PSG?

Anyway, would have been happier avoiding Liverpool, preferred anyone except maybe Bayern. Must be the all red kit.

With nothing much to do this afternoon I found that we're not the only ones who find European draws highly suspicious. I found this on a Chelsea discussion thread:

UEFA: Utterly Experienced in Fixing Audaciously

:008:

What could be our best starting 11 against scousers for the QF ? post your 11 guys. I would like to see more people posting strong line ups including defensive mids. I don't want us to lose in the first leg and try to win the home game like 2009 europa league QF against Hamburg. Because at last we lost on aggregate. Now super computer has predicted us to lose.

At the moment Our history against Liverpool (away) is not in our favour .so it is not wise to fight the fire with fire at least this time. I hope Guardiola tweaks his approach and play more cautious to avoid defeat.

Moreover We beat Liverpool at home against 10 and they looked dangerous till the sending off of mane. So it will be difficult to come back from back at home too.with run of play and counter attacks they may take us out from CL.

Assuming Mendy is fit.

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Mendy

Silva D. De Bruyne, Fernandiho,Sané Jesus

Aguero

Subs, Bravo, Sterling, Laporte, Danilo, Gundogan,Bernardo, Stones

I’d be happy with that ......although Mendy might be a risk mi guess

In other news, the dippers already promising to overstep the mark by trying to imitate Galatasaray with intimidation tactics.......

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-fans-planning-explosive-illegal-12215210

Check out the poster. This is the club that paid £75m for van Dijk FFS :013:

Over 180 mins I remain very confident we can take them out of the comp. Mendy is one of the best LB's in the World but is not match fit and he would be up against the probable golden boot winner.

Delph should be up for it at LB and would have to curtail inverting into our midfield. The above team looks good, but no doubt Pep will have a master plan and surprise us all.

British Clubs Who Appeared In Major European Finals

COFFEE BREAK QUIZ: Can you name all 19 British clubs to appear in a major European final?

Info

Applies to final of European Cup/Champions League, UEFA Cup/Europa League and European Cup Winners' Cup.

How to play

There are 19 questions, all of which must be answered within five minutes or you’ll get timed out.

Good luck.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=591049

How did you get on?

Ah feck, I misread it, thought it said English rather than British, missed out all the Scottish clubs but still managed 14 out of 19. Missed just one English club.

Bluedub - 20/3/2018 09:54

Ah feck, I misread it, thought it said English rather than British, missed out all the Scottish clubs but still managed 14 out of 19. Missed just one English club.

Have another go :026: I will try and beat my score over a sausage sarnie and cup of coffee later.

15 - but should have been 16 as I thought I'd already entered Leeds (not that I'm being competitive...)

And there are we, last place - be nice to move up the table with a win in Kiev in May.