Champions League Qualifiers 2017/18 | Vital Football

Champions League Qualifiers 2017/18

We've been drawn against the winner of Dundalk v Rosenborg in the 3rd qualifying round

anyhoo...

v the linfield bigots

Celtic: Gordon; Lustig, Simunovic, Sviatchenko, Tierney; Armstrong, Brown, Rogic; Sinclair, Forrest, Griffiths

subs: De Vries, Izaguirre, Bitton, Dembele, Hayes, McGregor, Kouassi

You know what to do, Celtic!

David \o/ :emoticon:14

Griff possibly better suited to playing against a packed defence.

Blooter this mob so hard they'll think it's the 21st century, #Celtic!

Evening gents!

Pretty much what we all expected from the line-up tonight I think. The big call was always going to be over the striker but I think Griffiths is possibly just a little bit further ahead in his fitness right now so that might be one of the reasons he's got the nod.

Elsewhere, our bench is full of central midfielders......so that should be interesting! Hayes, Dembele and McGregor the most likely subs tonight I'd imagine.

Just a point on that 3rd round draw.....I won't be happy if we get Rosenborg, I think that's a tough game! Dundalk won't make it easy for us either of course but I think they've lost a number of their key players from their title win last year while Rosenborg have always been a good team but have had to go through a rebuilding phase and now I think they're on the way back up a bit. Still not quite at the level of playing Champions League group games but they won't be easy. The only blessing is it looks as though they've lost a few players since last season too. Most noticeably their top goal scorer!
Will be nice for Lustig to go back to his former club though! And Liam Henderson went their on loan as well remember.

Certainly looks like we're setting up with more of a 4-2-3-1 with Rogic much more advanced than both Brown and Armstrong and playing quite central.

GOAL! Get in Scotty Sinclair! A header as well! What are the chances! Haha! Well done Forrest to keep the ball alive after the corner!

Latest Celtic News