Champions league draw - we've got Barcelona! | Vital Football

Champions league draw - we've got Barcelona!

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/august/todays-uefa-champions-league-draw/

The draw for the group stage of the 2018/19 UEFA Champions League takes place at the Grimaldi Forum, Monaco at 5pm this evening.
After finishing third in the Premier League last season, we are one of 26 teams given direct entry into the group stage of the competition.
The six play-off winners – Benfica, Ajax, PSV Eindhoven, Young Boys, Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade) and AEK Athens – complete the 32-team line-up.
The teams will be split into four seeding pots. Pot 1 consists of the holders (Real Madrid), the UEFA Europa League winners (Atletico Madrid) and the champions of the six highest-ranked nations. Pots 2 to 4 are determined by the club coefficient rankings*.
No team can play a club from their own association, with the exact draw procedure to be confirmed before the ceremony.
The draw also establishes the groups for the UEFA Champions League path of the UEFA Youth League.
Here are the Pots, including club coefficient rankings*…

#FirstTeam#ChampionsLeague#Matches
Pot 1
Real Madrid (holders)
Atlético Madrid (UEFA Europa League winners)
Barcelona
Bayern München
Manchester City
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Lokomotiv Moskva

Pot 2
Borussia Dortmund 89.000
Porto 86.000
Manchester United 82.000
Shakhtar Donetsk 81.000
Benfica 80.000
Napoli 78.000
Tottenham Hotspur 67.000
Roma 64.000

Pot 3
Liverpool 62.000
Schalke 62.000
Lyon 59.500
Monaco 57.000
Ajax 53.500
CSKA Moskva 45.000
PSV Eindhoven 36.000
Valencia 36.000

Pot 4
Viktoria Plzen 33.000
Club Brugge 29.500
Galatasaray 29.500
Young Boys 20.500
Internazionale Milano 16.000
Hoffenheim 14.285
Crvena zvezda 10.750
AEK Athens 10.000

Matchday One of the group stage is scheduled for 18/19 September, with the final of six group matches on 11/12 December.
If we qualify, the draw for the last 16 will be on 16 December with the knockout stages to follow on 12/13/19/20 February next year.
We have already agreed with UEFA that our first home group match in the competition will be staged at Wembley Stadium and we shall provide a further update on the venues for our remaining two home group games in due course.
We strongly advise fans NOT to book travel until full ticketing details have been confirmed.

Scheduled date ranges for group stage matches
18/19 September: Group stage, matchday one
2/3 October: Group stage, matchday two
23/24 October: Group stage, matchday three
6/7 November: Group stage, matchday four
27/28 November: Group stage, matchday five
11/12 December: Group stage, matchday six

Locomotiv Moscow, Spurs, PSV, Hoffenheim

Take the easiest draw in Pot 1 and then restrict away travel to Holland and Germany.

We should be big favourites to get out of the group again regardless of who we draw, every team in pots 3 & 4 we should be confident of beating.

We should be big favourites to get out of the group again regardless of who we draw, every team in pots 3 & 4 we should be confident of beating.

Can't say I agree with that Scotty, there are some good teams in there and on their day can more than hold their own against better sides - and have done from time to time.

Every team in this competition demands respect imho.

I want Juve. Get revenge and keep a clean sheet to shut them up. Pot 4 is uninteresting bar Inter Milan and can't have both so Juve and whoever else is fine with me.

Although beating Madrid again would be funny

Can't say I agree with that Scotty, there are some good teams in there and on their day can more than hold their own against better sides - and have done from time to time.

Every team in this competition demands respect imho.

Oh I agree and I'm sure we will show them all respect. No easy games in the CL but I'd still fancy us, especially after last seasons campaign, that should give us a big boost and also teams will fear us more.

Lets hope for an easy draw all the way up to the final.

Something in the lines of Pool's draw last season would do - one top team in the QF/SF, and the rest manageable draws.

We are in Group B with :

Barcelona ....

as well as ......

PSV Eindhoven

Inter Milan

Can't wait!!

Last edited:
PSV Eindhoven got the toughest draw possible - Barcelona, Tottenham and Inter Milan.

Gracenote head of sports analysis Simon Gleave says:

"PSV have drawn the toughest possible opponent from each draw pot according to the Euro Club Index ranking. PSV were the weakest team in pot 3."