Champions League £40m+ ;-) | Page 17 | Vital Football

Champions League £40m+ ;-)

Our midfield in particular look knackered!

Sinclair has come inside to play behind Dembele, Armstrong is out on the left but still coming infield a lot.

Organisationally and our positioning on the pitch is all over the place at times so far tonight. When you see a team like Anderlecht playing like this against us, it's no wonder teams like PSG and Bayern are able to absolutely tear us apart!

We take a free kick quickly to get a cross in and we have one on six in the box. What the hell was that?

wee_od_88 - 5/12/2017 20:16

Our midfield in particular look knackered!

Sinclair has come inside to play behind Dembele, Armstrong is out on the left but still coming infield a lot.

Organisationally and our positioning on the pitch is all over the place at times so far tonight. When you see a team like Anderlecht playing like this against us, it's no wonder teams like PSG and Bayern are able to absolutely tear us apart!

This is awful so far. We're lucky to be in it.

HT and it's 0-0.

We're pretty fortunate! Not playing well! No creativity, no movement, no pace and we don't seem capable of dealing with them at all. We haven't put our gameplan on them and made them think.....it's the other way around, we've had to change our setup to counter what they're doing!

Rogic and Ntcham could make a difference but I'd still rather see Edouard or Griffiths on as well. Edouard's pace and movement as well as his physicality would make things difficult for them. Griffiths' pace and movement and sheer determination would cause them problems too.

So we've gone 5-1-3-1 with Forrest and Tierney playing as wing-backs.

Nthcam has made a BIG difference already. Getting on the ball, moving it forward and picking out passes!

Rogic not really been in the game yet. Scott Brown not involved this half. Dembele still at walking pace! Passing it around far too lethargically at the back!

Simunovic was unlucky, going to try and win the ball but it ends up hitting his back and then going past Gordon and in off the post! But that's spurring Anderlecht on now! We need to calm down, shut them up and get back on top!

That was dire. I've never seen this team make so many poor passes. Every pass was a foot behind. We better get cleaned up before the Europa League matches. There is plenty of time, but that really sucked.

welch47 - 5/12/2017 21:15

Griff must have done something to get in the doghouse. Edouard coming on.

Not so sure he's done anything. I think it's just that Edouard did so well at the weekend and is clearly high on confidence and that makes a big difference.

That was a poor performance from so many players tonight! BR will be happier with the second half but it still wasn't good! Looking forward to seeing what sort of team he puts out at the weekend! Freshening it up seems to make a big difference!

I like the look of Edouard! Ntcham showed why we bought him with his impact tonight. Brown has once again shown that his effectiveness at this level is non-existent! Boyata was a bit of a scare tonight and Lustig's lack of pace was an issue.

I disagree on Brown. He saved us a few team deep and was one of our better players. Granted, few were any good, Dembele looking particularly uninspiring. Even tierney was off.

He saved us on the edge of our box a few times but what else did Brown do? He wasn't starting attacks or really helping the game flow. He wasn't our worst player but it wasn't a great game from him and what I mean more than anything was that usually on European nights, he was the one player more than anyone who would step up and lead the team. He'd be showing the other players how to do it, get stuck in, win the ball and start attacks......he's not doing that this season! Normally he would latch himself on to one of their midfielders and he'd be on him all night and it would cut out their attack. That doesn't happen anymore. That's what I mean, his effectiveness just isn't there anymore. All he does is try to mop up on the edge of our box.

Dembele had moments of great skill but showed very little going forward, having been out injured I was surprised to see him start last night. I don't think it was the right choice!

Other teams to drop out of the Champions League and into the Europa League:
Atletico Madrid! :emoticon:10
Borussia Dortmund
Sporting Lisbon
Red Bull Leipzig
Napoli
Spartak Moscow and
CSKA Moscow

Given the financial difference between us and all of these teams. We've done very well!
Look at the teams who have gone out of Europe altogether:
Benfica finished with 0 points.
Qarabag
Olympiacos
Feyenoord
Monaco
NK Maribor
APOEL Nicosia

Latest Celtic News