Champions City 0 Huddersfield 0 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

Champions City 0 Huddersfield 0 - Stats & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Johnny Baguette

Alert Team
TrophyDay2.jpgFull Time Stat Attack:

City 0 Huddersfield 0
Possession: 79% v 21%
Shots: 15 v 5
On Target: 2 v 3
Corners: 10 v 1
Offsides: 1 v 1
Fouls: 9 v 4
Bookings: 0 v 3

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

Last edited:
Sky Sports Statto
✔ @SkySportsStatto

Huddersfield are only the 3rd team to keep a PL clean sheet away to Man City under Pep Guardiola.

The party has begun! A frustrating day due to a combination of The Champions not firing in the final third and Huddersfield's desperation. 17 points clear at the top and more records will have to wait until Wednesday and Sunday...

Huddersfield defender Mathias Jorgensen on Sky Sports:

"We can't be too greedy. We'll take the point and go on from there.

"We tried to press them high, we did a good job but got a bit tired. In the second half we were pressured.

"It's horrible chasing Manchester City, but when you come away with a clean sheet it's worth it.

"The confidence is the most important thing, this point and confidence we take means we know we can get it from the best in the league.

"The belief is as strong as it's been all year long."

A delay in proceedings due to Ferny being taken away for a random drugs test. There won’t be a drop of water in him on a day like today.

BBC:

Pep Guardiola is enjoying himself.

He runs down the line of Manchester City staff, high fiving them all before receiving his Premier League winners medal.

He kisses it then looks up to the sky with a smile.

Proud man.

The Guardian:

“Simply the best, so much better than all the rest!” says Martin Tyler. He was immediately fired for his behaviour.

Martin Keown

Former Arsenal defender on BBC Radio 5 live

I think it is the first of many Guardiola will win at the football club.

Pep Guardiola, speaking to Sky Sports:

"England is a special place and is so tough. Today we saw it. You never know if you are going to win, but I had no doubt what I had to do.

"You win or lose, you have to try and do what you believe. Today was proof we can do better, 11 players were playing in the Premier League.

"We lost a bit of focus, but that is normal. To make back-to-back titles in this league will be tough, but we accept the challenge."

Vincent Kompany, speaking to Sky Sports:

"The celebrations, this team deserves more than ever. We had many players who had been on and off this season and it has had no impact on the season and is credit to the coaching staff.

View attachment 26780Full Time Stat Attack:

City 0 Huddersfield 0
Possession: 79% v 21%
Shots: 15 v 5
On Target: 2 v 3
Corners: 10 v 1
Offsides: 1 v 1
Fouls: 9 v 4
Bookings: 0 v 3

<b>The Ped Report by Pedmachine to follow</b>

Can you send me? Block 302 Row W seat 45! Right at the back of that pic on the left ;-)

Lovely to be there despite the frustration. The terriers were tenacious and worked their socks off aided by the leniency of Dean who failed utterly to deal with the time wasting and play acting.