CHAMPIONEEES! | Vital Football

CHAMPIONEEES!

welch47

Vital Football Hero
That's four in a row! And emphatically with a 5-0 win at home. It's been a strange season but ended up quite good. Well done Ronny and the Bhoys! :emoticon:14 :emoticon:01 :emoticon:04 :emoticon:07 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70 :emoticon:70

That was an unbelievable performance on Friday night.......although it must be said, Dundee made it quite easy for us!

Bitton's goal would have been a contender for goal of the season! What a strike!!! And a great way to cap off a brilliant performance!

Now that we're confirmed Champions....I wonder how much Deila might change things around and give some others a chance to play.

Will Mulgrew be back before the end of the season?
Will we see Rogic back in the first team before the end of the season?
Will Fisher be given more chances?
Will Izzy be rested now to give him more rest time with him set to miss some of our CL games because of a busy summer with Honduras?
Will Tierney get an opportunity?
Will we see young players like Joe Thomson, Calum Waters and Aiden Nesbitt who Deila has had in the squads or away for friendlies with the first team?
Will we see January signing Michael Duffy before the seasons out? That's what he was hoping for.
Scepovic came on against Dundee and had a couple of chances, will we see him given more opportunities between now and the end of the season?

I'd like to see Duffy and I'd like to see Darnell Fisher get some more time. Maybe as well give Sceppo a shot, too, given what we spent on him.

Reports are that Bournemouth are interested in Mulgrew. I think he's off.

We haven't been linked with much in the way of replacements for Mulgrew though. Perhaps Deila feels there may be enough in the youth players to cover combined with moving other players around to cover as well.

I think there is a young player we should sign who could be a very good cover for Bitton and replacement for Mulgrew.
Darko Velkovski - 19 year old CB/CM (when I first scouted him he was a CM but now appears to be playing as a CB more). He's a similar style to Bitton but his experience of playing as a CB means he can cover the 2 positions. At only 19 but with over 100 first team appearances (93 in the league, 8 in Europe and European qualifiers) he is exactly the sort of back-up player we should be buying. He has the experience to come in and play but he's young enough to work on and improve and doesn't need to be playing every game! Hell he could still play in our development squad he's so young!

Mulgrew hasn't played in what? Eight months? There's nothing to replace. Ronny is looking at forwards, CBs and another midfiedler right now. Since Mulgrew has only been cover for defenders, then we just need to recruit defense and use our youth.

There's nothing to replace because we haven't had any other injuries really. If Brown and/or Bitton pick up an injury though, who do we have?
We either have to play someone out of position (Johansen or Armstrong) or we use a youth player. Unless of course we start using Henderson as a proper CM rather than using him as one of our wingers as we have most of the time this season.

I think Armstrong could deputise just fine if Brown AND Bitton were out. Mulgrew wouldn't serve in that purpose anyway. He is way too slow. Even if fit, he is surplus to requirements these days. He was pretty dire before he went off injured. Decent from set pieces and not bad in the air. But we have long since replaced him in all categories.

Latest Celtic News