Challinor Silence | Vital Football

Challinor Silence

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Pools announce Dave Challinor as our new manager on Tuesday. It is now Thursday afternoon and 48 hours away from an important match and we have heard not a word from the man himself. This seems strange to me, normally new managers are keen to talk to the press about the new challenge and how they are looking forward to working with the great bunch of lads etc. As usual with Pools, nothing is ever straightforward.

In the injury update story on the Mail website is says Sweeney is "unexpectedly in charge" for the Yeovil game. Seems like there is a problem with Mr Challinor's arrival. Why don't the club let the fans know what the feck is going on?

I think the club have stated that Challinor won't take up his role as manager until he has sorted out his position with Fylde.
Presumably, it is to do with the compensation he is due from Fylde after they sacked him. No doubt monies due are calculated based on whether he finds another position, or not, in the period of what would have been left of his contract.
Only speculation, but this might not resolve itself in the timeframe indicated by the Club - they are saying he'll assume his duties on Monday!

Thanks for your response OP. Things are a lot clearer now than they were this time yesterday. Appears to be small delay which has been explained which is all I asked for. Here's hoping Sweeney can work his magic at Yeovil.

Official now that Challinor is appointed manager, with Joe Parkinson as his assistant.
Sweeney stepping up to First Team coach.
Hopefully, the dynamic between these 3 will be positive and will help instill a winning mentality in the team.
With the trip to Yeovil tomorrow, Challinor and Parkinson won't have much chance to work with the squad this week - so we should give him at least until the end of the month before being critical!

Agreed. You cant expect instant miracles, we all know football isn't like that. I am sure we'll all be patient but of course with every loss the prospect of the play offs fades. Fingers crossed it all goes well over the next couple of months.