Challenge your thinking with a Jordan Peterson. | Vital Football

Challenge your thinking with a Jordan Peterson.

Now watch this for an explanation on what is happening in that interview.

[youtube=ZnyA5Wn1K_Q]

Thought that the first video, even at 29 minutes would cause a few more comments.

Really worth watching the whole thing as it gets better further in.

Telling 'young men' to 'grow up' is hardly original thinking....is it? A clinical Psychologist who claims insight?!

Pontificating about finding meaning in your life - is any of that original either?

I suspect he preaches to young men who need his sort of simplified parental type guidance in their lives - the sort who need telling what to do...

I'm sorry, I find his an arrogant bore - mind you, I do most preachers... :10:

He is definitely arrogant. And all psychologists and psychiatrists live off dependency.

There has been some good discussion about what brought him to prominence though. And that is the refusal to obey legislated political correctness in regard to appropriate pronouns for transgender individuals.

He has been called everything from refreshing to a stupid man's intelligent man.

His comparison of identity politics to the underlying principles of communist China and Russia tend to raise a few eyebrows as well.

Great dinner party conversation with rationally minded people.

I thought he did a great job of wiping the floor with that Cupid Stunt lefty libber of an interviewer. :1:

He certainly illustrates the double standard in freedom of the press and freedom of speech in the last 15 minutes.

80deg16minW - 19/2/2018 13:13

He certainly illustrates the double standard in freedom of the press and freedom of speech in the last 15 minutes.

The amount of video responses to that interview on youtube is gratifying, it seems a hell of a lot of people just like me enjoyed seeing the established lefty media assassin assassinated haha.

A very smart guy and I shall enjoy watching more of him, thanks for the heads up :35:

Well, the Australians appear to like him. a much more balanced interview:

[youtube=XJr6CYHHOnk]

Lots of views and few comments. This is one of the most important issues of our time.

The restriction of speech and thought.

80deg16minW - 27/3/2018 15:37

Lots of views and few comments. This is one of the most important issues of our time.

Thought crimes are just around the corner..

Spursex - 28/3/2018 09:05

In the UK how is all this being allowed under a so called ' Conservative ' Government ?

No wonder the alt right is gaining momentum, there is nowhere else to go, May is about the same as Blair, spot the difference ?

Big Chiv - 28/3/2018 10:08

In the UK how is all this being allowed under a so called ' Conservative ' Government ?

No wonder the alt right is gaining momentum, there is nowhere else to go, May is about the same as Blair, spot the difference ?

This is actually a very good read..

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/21/freedom-of-speech-online-witch-hunts-law--bbc

Spursex - 28/3/2018 11:41

Big Chiv - 28/3/2018 10:08

This is actually a very good read..

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/21/freedom-of-speech-online-witch-hunts-law--bbc

Yes it's a decent enough piece , but over 2 years old now, and things are being ramped up at pace since then.

There are no shortage of 'decent pieces' to be found, but WTF is actually going to stop this relentless rush into a total PC mindless moronic tyranny ?

It's grip is western world wide, and as I've said, this country has a conservative government and PC madness is just getting worse each day , and what is the alternative to May, Corbyn ?
What a thought.

How the hell is May the leader of a Conservative Government ?
Her time as Home Secretary would have fitted seamlessly into a Blair /Brown regime and anyone would be hard pressed to spot the difference.

Universities have lost their abilities to generate healthy debate and allow minds to develop independently.

Groupthink is a terrible terrible condition.

The most blatant illustration of this is that the latest trend is to extoll the virtues of multi-disciplinary problem solving and teams of individuals from different backgrounds.

That has long been a fundamental trait of good management in almost all structures. To all of a sudden have to present this as innovative thinking shows just how far and how expansively we have descended into a herd mentality.

A tragic commentary on our times when we should be, with all the tech developments available, moving forward at an incredible pace toward true equality.