Chairman's letter re: season tickets | Page 4 | Vital Football

Chairman's letter re: season tickets

I got a load of old corrugated, galvanised sheeting from the Rainham End when it was torn down.
Some sheets had graffiti from the times 😂.
Looked a treat on my DIY shed.

Am I the only one who did the survey and didn't get an e-mail to confirm my response was accepted?

I do wonder how many people will later complain about a lack of free shirt as the club said they never got the survey with their details on.
I never got a reply. Maybe I will try doing it again.

And i can have 5 free tickets to the same EFL game this coming season for the 5 games missed in the previous year.

Why not spread the tickets over 5 games so i can bring people to 5 DIFFERENT games?

From the link posted above by Lark:

Q: For the season 2019/20 I have taken the option of having five individual match tickets for league matches of my choosing in 2021/22. Do these all have to be used for one league game?

A: No. You will have the ability to utilise the tickets as you wish (over one game or five).

Please don't now ask why it only says it's valid for 1 or 5 games, and not 2, 3 or 4!

To summarise:

The club owe me £60 from the season just gone (£290 - £230 ifollow games) and wat to pay me back over 3 years - £20 a year.

And i can have 5 free tickets to the same EFL game this coming season for the 5 games missed in the previous year.

Why not spread the tickets over 5 games so i can bring people to 5 DIFFERENT games?

I think this is a poor offer.

That any better?

Screenshot_20210611-143819_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reading the GFC S/T survey result, which Lark linked above, it seems that belief & goodwill among Gills fans is alive and well. Of 700 replies 75% have chosen to donate their o/standing ST rebate to GFC - impressive stuff Gills fans.

Agreed Lancs, it is impressive. I'm not sure how many will be willing to make a donation (as it stands) for the coming season with no current guarantee of us being able to watch games and the club not being in a position to offer refunds if indeed restrictions to watching live football remain or get tougher.

Last edited:
This is exactly what happened at both Kent T20 cricket games played this week in Canterbury - at various times the system failed

Imagine a couple of hundred people in The factory before the game not being able to get a drink due to that. Would be chaos.

Reading the GFC S/T survey result, which Lark linked above, it seems that belief & goodwill among Gills fans is alive and well. Of 700 replies 75% have chosen to donate their o/standing ST rebate to GFC - impressive stuff Gills fans.

We we will never know but had he come out with the offer far earlier then I think the number would have been much higher. I think he's lost a lot of good will by the lack of communication.

Season Ticket sales will be interesting. With the government almost certain to extend the time before relaxing the rules then that might put people off.

I may have read it wrong but I thought he wrote than there will be no refunds next year if games are behind closed doors. He wants us to carry 100% of the risk of buying a season ticket. I think he's called that wrong. What he could have said is that any lost games will automatically roll onto the following seasons tickets. Club and fans share the risk.

I'm happy with the offer for the last two seasons but I think he needs to do more about next years offer or suffer a real loss of ST holders and I thought we were at the bare hardcore already.

We we will never know but had he come out with the offer far earlier then I think the number would have been much higher. I think he's lost a lot of good will by the lack of communication.

Season Ticket sales will be interesting. With the government almost certain to extend the time before relaxing the rules then that might put people off.

I may have read it wrong but I thought he wrote than there will be no refunds next year if games are behind closed doors. He wants us to carry 100% of the risk of buying a season ticket. I think he's called that wrong. What he could have said is that any lost games will automatically roll onto the following seasons tickets. Club and fans share the risk.

I'm happy with the offer for the last two seasons but I think he needs to do more about next years offer or suffer a real loss of ST holders and I thought we were at the bare hardcore already.

Yes, hear what you say, Mark. I also agree that GFC`s inter-action with its fan base probably could have been a bit better, especially over the past couple of seasons. But then none of us really knows the detail and level of financial stress that the pandemic has caused for GFC and similar clubs.

The donation of rebate number, at 75% was much higher than I would have envisaged. That says a lot more about the core depth and strength of fan support for GFC than it does the club`s owner. As for future ST take-up, I imagine that more people might be inclined to leave it to the last minute than stump up substantial sums well in advance.