Chairman's letter re: season tickets | Page 2 | Vital Football

Chairman's letter re: season tickets

In my view that's a fair compromise he's offered just months too late.

I've donated for last season and asked for the five free tickets from the season before - that costs the club nothing in reality as we don't sell out.

I wonder if we should clarify if its this seasons new shirt design or one of last years ;-) He wouldn't, would he ?

The "free" £100 membership to the club will turn out to be a real flop in my view. What's the betting these clubs never actually turn into anything meaningful . How many times have we heard about things like this in the past. and they've never really materialised. I'm surprised codes for the self pouring taps weren't included.

Bottom line I'm willing to support the club but I'm not getting excited about the new membership clubs.

A discount on next seasons tickets and a free shirt is fair compensation for me. I just wish he'd avoided all the bad feeling and come out with this months ago.

Already purchased next years season ticket (also had one for last year) do I get a refund or is he going to move me into the Silver club?

As a non-s/t holder I think the offers are pretty decent. Certainly a lot better than some other clubs have offered. But hearing from our actual s/t holders and how they feel is the big test.

I’m actually considering getting the £100 membership (purely as a donation seeing as I won’t get anything from it). But it might help if I ever get back to UK for our next Wembley trip 😁

Agree with markinkent. How much better would it be if all this was communicated months ago? Even if it was just alluded to that this sort of thing was being worked out.

Anyway, hopefully it can all move on now. And a couple of cracking signings being announced would certainly boost the s/t sales nicely 👍

Was it made plain that the ifollow service was something that would be deducted from the cost of the season ticket we paid for?

I never saw that.

As a non-s/t holder I think the offers are pretty decent. Certainly a lot better than some other clubs have offered. But hearing from our actual s/t holders and how they feel is the big test.

I’m actually considering getting the £100 membership (purely as a donation seeing as I won’t get anything from it). But it might help if I ever get back to UK for our next Wembley trip 😁

Agree with markinkent. How much better would it be if all this was communicated months ago? Even if it was just alluded to that this sort of thing was being worked out.

Anyway, hopefully it can all move on now. And a couple of cracking signings being announced would certainly boost the s/t sales nicely 👍
"Anyway, hopefully it can all move on now. And a couple of cracking signings being announced would certainly boost the s/t sales nicely 👍"

No way, I'm hoping we can sell our best player so we can afford to give WX his £60 back

"Anyway, hopefully it can all move on now. And a couple of cracking signings being announced would certainly boost the s/t sales nicely 👍"

No way, I'm hoping we can sell our best player so we can afford to give WX his £60 back
I see.

I wonder if the chairman might tell us his financial package for the past year before we decide whether to gift the club more money.

Am I the only one who did the survey and didn't get an e-mail to confirm my response was accepted?

I do wonder how many people will later complain about a lack of free shirt as the club said they never got the survey with their details on.

I know Mark was joking, but in the PDF version of the form it's got the pictures of the new ones. Just to try and avoid conspiracies spreading, this is how they start ;)

I see.

I wonder if the chairman might tell us his financial package for the past year before we decide whether to gift the club more money.
Why not ask him? He has asked for feedback and given you a link to do it. Out of interest, how much decrease in his fee would you find acceptable?
I have no idea what your earnings are every year but I am guessing £60 is quite a small percentage, would you say it is acceptable for PS to lose a similar percentage or should he lose more? (considering the work he has had to do to keep our club going through all this).
I'm not trying to start a fight, I genuinely would like to know exactly how much money people think PS should give up from his fee?

Why not ask him? He has asked for feedback and given you a link to do it. Out of interest, how much decrease in his fee would you find acceptable?
I have no idea what your earnings are every year but I am guessing £60 is quite a small percentage, would you say it is acceptable for PS to lose a similar percentage or should he lose more? (considering the work he has had to do to keep our club going through all this).
I'm not trying to start a fight, I genuinely would like to know exactly how much money people think PS should give up from his fee?
50% - based on the last consultancy fee he took.

Last edited:
Did you watch all of the games on iFollow, Wxgill? If not, if you can provide proof of your whereabouts for the games you missed, maybe you can get another tenner back for each game missed.

Yes, it should probably have been made clear, but I would have thought that it was fairly obvious, you know the service costs a tenner per game, and you know you were being given it for "free" (free in the sense that you didn't pay anything specifically for that actual service, obviously I know that it wasn't free in that you had it due to paying for a season ticket you couldn't use).

Did you watch all of the games on iFollow, Wxgill? If not, if you can provide proof of your whereabouts for the games you missed, maybe you can get another tenner back for each game missed.

Yes, it should probably have been made clear, but I would have thought that it was fairly obvious, you know the service costs a tenner per game, and you know you were being given it for "free" (free in the sense that you didn't pay anything specifically for that actual service, obviously I know that it wasn't free in that you had it due to paying for a season ticket you couldn't use).
Do you think the club paid £10 per take-up? Cost price? No way.