Chairmans Chat... | Page 8 | Vital Football

Chairmans Chat...

Buckingham to Gillingham 110 miles
Buckingham to Nailsworth 68 miles

If you read it again I don’t say its a longer journey, I say its not far on timescale!!
Well surely it would be worth your while going the extra 42 miles to see your beloved mighty Gills, than travel all that way to see a team you've got no affinity to, and in a division of less quality?

If it want to be cynical I would say its an implied threat to the fans who have been abusing him on line.

Amazing how we can always afford more legal action.
Or to discuss the continued ramifications of our punishment of breaching the terms of the bail-out loan.

I would think it more like Scally is looking into weather he can put the frighteners on a few online critics or vocal critics in the ground. That seems to be where he is most focused. There is past history. Basically that is primarily the reason I do believe he needs a front man someone who can field questions from fans and deal with the press .Also rewrite a few of Scally's long winded statements which often do him no favours.The chairman should be trying to boost crowds.That can be done to a degree by the manager and players. But uncle Paul is very much part of that unfortunately he seems more of a negative and the more publicity he gets the more problems he gives himself. Occasionally he does say and do some stuff that helps boost the club don't get me wrong I think he could be a asset to boost crowds.
But he definitely needs help but it has to be someone with the balls to stand up and tell him how he can help himself and the club.He has to be willing to listen. That could be the most difficult bit.

I personally am against any of the constant abuse aimed at the chairman whilst the game is on. Actually i am against it before a game.
Having those people around me during a game would push me over the edge eventually lol.

I expect we'll get more Chairman's Chats, but I always thought that planning a video every week was over-ambitious. Once a month, with a written update/bulletin at the two-week interval in between, would have been sensible - but only if there was a bit of discipline to get through a full range of topics rather than spending too long talking about something people don't care about! As with so many things when it comes to GFC - nothing wrong with the idea, but the execution has been a bit lacking.

Got to feel sorry for the guy on the communications...

...a complete lack of communication and lots of people (rightly) get pissed off.

Then he communicates regularly and people take the piss out of him:
- for promoting revenue generating opportunities
- for moving the meeting by a couple of days
- for criticising ‘fans’ who jump in to the directors’ box to abuse him
- for not answering every fan’s specific question on every topic
- for some of the cringiness when roping in BFSE and sponsors to explain the damage that the moaners are doing.

Honestly, these people are just on a wind-up. Their dislike of PS is so strong that they are blinded when he actually does something good.

For those of us old enough to remember the days before social media , videoed 'Chats with the Chairman' , interviews with the players , manager etc didn't exist. And somehow we managed to soldier on.
The current , voracious demand for fans to be kept up to date , brings with it , its own set of problems.

For those of us old enough to remember the days before social media , videoed 'Chats with the Chairman' , interviews with the players , manager etc didn't exist. And somehow we managed to soldier on.
The current , voracious demand for fans to be kept up to date , brings with it , its own set of problems.

True enough VG I used to wait for the evening post to get my daily update which was often nowt.

However we do live in the digital world and gills need to (and are) embrace it to get the message out there and attract new customers

Although wasn't there a premium cost Club Line where you could phone up and someone would give you several minutes of updates as to what was going on at the club?

However we do live in the digital world and gills need to (and are) embrace it to get the message out there and attract new customers

We now have hundreds of fans discussing our intimate financial details on FB or publicly open message boards like this