Celtics Moussa Dembele | Vital Football

Celtics Moussa Dembele

pjones40

Vital Football Hero
Why are we not trying to buy this lad. We missed out on him before. He is now a bit older and a lot better. He is exactly the sort of player we should go for

pjones40 - 10/7/2017 09:26

Why are we not trying to buy this lad. We missed out on him before. He is now a bit older and a lot better. He is exactly the sort of player we should go for

Aren't Marseille trying to sign him at the moment? I can only assume that Poch and his team didn't totally like what they saw OR he and his representatives got fed up with us in that January and decided not to deal with us again.

Matic - 10/7/2017 09:37

Aren't Marseille trying to sign him at the moment? I can only assume that Poch and his team didn't totally like what they saw OR he and his representatives got fed up with us in that January and decided not to deal with us again.

We wouldnt loan him back when we were supposed to buy him and we can't offer him first team football so he went elsewhere. No decent striker will come here as they know they will never play.

Taricco the yid - 10/7/2017 10:06

Matic - 10/7/2017 09:37

We wouldnt loan him back when we were supposed to buy him and we can't offer him first team football so he went elsewhere. No decent striker will come here as they know they will never play.

Which is why we're probably going to have to sign a player who is later in their career or keep taking risks on younger players. I still hope Janssen comes good.

I don't know too much about Dembele, but would guess that Janssen would also hit a bucket full of goals playing for Celtic north of the border. He's done exceptionally well but he now needs to get back to playing in a tougher league. Celtic is a step down from Fulham and the Championship. Brighton and Newcastle would have walked that league.

Listened to Talksport and Ray Wilkins says he isn't good enough for the Pl

Scottish football is a joke, Scott Sinclair scored 21.

He's a type that was worth the risk from Fulham for a few million.

What's a better ratio?

17 in 29 in SPL or 27 in 34 in Eredivisie?

Genuine question. Don't watch any SPL or Eredivisie so don't really know how they compare. Obvs Janners goals to game ratio was better but it's hard to know how things will translate.

Personally I saw a change in Janssen towards the end of the season. He looked sharper, stronger and more willing to shoot. His link up play was always decent but I remember some very deft touches in the last few matches and looked like if given an actual run he might do something decent. I'm hopeful his 2nd season will see him continue improving when given minutes.

I'd say Eredivisie is a better quality league with much better players. That's just my opinion though. The SPL is way more physical though.

80deg16minW - 10/7/2017 19:08

So Talksport is now a source of opinion we trust?

No, but Ray Wilkins knows his stuff and when you have pro's like him - who also talent scout you have to step back and rethink what you think you know and ask 'why is he saying that?'..

For most of us we know that the Scottish PL is, at it's very best, as competitive as a pub league - it's easy for very average players to look above average - that said, some have made the step up, our own Victor Wanyama being one of them.....

Spursex - 11/7/2017 15:54

80deg16minW - 10/7/2017 19:08

So Talksport is now a source of opinion we trust?

No, but Ray Wilkins knows his stuff and when you have pro's like him - who also talent scout you have to step back and rethink what you think you know and ask 'why is he saying that?'..

For most of us we know that the Scottish PL is, at it's very best, as competitive as a pub league - it's easy for very average players to look above average - that said, some have made the step up, our own Victor Wanyama being one of them.....

Wanyama was outstanding in the CL - which is more likely to have attracted the attention.

Celtic would be a Championship side at best, the rest League one and potentially League 2.

Gary Hooper took the piss in Scotland, he struggles to start for Sheff Wed

Everybody knew our best line up last season which in my opinion was the following:
Lioris
Walker and Rose on the flanks
Dier, Toby and Jan the 3 central defenders
Victor and Moussa in front of them
Son, Erikson and Alli in midfield
Harry up top.
With this eleven we missed the league but were the team who played the best football, scored the most goals and conceaded the least!
So suppose we get Barkley who is he to play instead of ? Another name being mentioned is Silva, same goes. And say we do get them are they willing to be bench warmers ? The latest is Heanacho. All these players cost millions as the transfer market has gone crazy. Besides are we willing to pay such players astronomical salaries when we have'nt even tied Toby down whom I consider as the best central defender in the Premier League.
Besides we have Trippier, Davies,Winks, Janssen, Lamela, Nkoudo and other up and coming youngsters coming along. Perhaps what we need is an experienced player like Xabi (ex Barcelona) or similar mature player who can calm and direct players when the pressure is on.
All this talk of Walker leaving and possibly Dier is usettling to say the least, we were the envy of the premier league so lets keep it that way !