Celebrity Suicide | Vital Football

Celebrity Suicide

My favourite quote on this subject came from someone who didn’t heed his own advice and killed himself that being robin williams who said on one of his good days dont go looking for a permanent solution to a temporary problem unfortunately when people find themselves in dark places it’s not that simple

I'm very sorry about Flack and the rest of them, but they are happy to put themselves in the spotlight for the money and fame. Fame is a Pandoras box though, and the media can make you the most loved person on earth, or they can chew you up and spit you out, and you go from one to the other in a day.

I notice the tabloids are all very sorry today about her death, but what the media all love is a 'Celeb in Crisis' and its been like this since the popular press was invented. They love them because it sells papers, and it sells papers because we all like to see the dirty linen of the rich and famous. If they are arrogant and or controversial, so much the better.

People are such hypocrites, now campaigning for change when I bet a lot of them couldn't wait to tattle and gossip about Flack and her alleged assault of her boyfriend. In a couple of month time it will be someone else's turn to get set up and slaughtered by the press, but we're the ones buying the newspapers, so who is really culpable..?

Rod wont even know who she is/was.
Nor do I. We went out for a meal last night with friends and family for the Mrs’s birthday and it was the talk of the tables. Everybody seemed to know of her even the old uns but I can’t recall seeing her ever.

It is really sad though, it’s hard to comprehend why somebody who seemingly had everything would want to end it all with her life only half lived. I had a mate who tried to commit suicide in his teens with an OD of aspirin but fortunately the medics saved him. I’d no idea he had a problem, he had a loving family and there were no girls or breakups involved. His Dad died when he was 11 but he never really spoke much about it, and even years after his attempt he could never really give me a clear reason why he did it. The mind can be a dark and lonely place at times.

Rod wont even know who she is/was.

Likewise, I had never heard of this lady before her death was announced and I confess that like many other manifestations of human behaviour, I don’t begin to understand it.
I have known 2 unrelated people who appeared to “have everything”, but 1 committed suicide and the other retreated completely from the world for about 15 months. Fortunately, with the help of loving care from his wife and daughter, and various drugs from the NHS, he returned to “normal” life. Indeed, he seemed to be even more energetic and outgoing than he was before.
Famous or not, all suicides (apart from an escape from certain terminal illnesses) are tragic in the extreme. May she R.I.P.

Likewise, I had never heard of this lady before her death was announced and I confess that like many other manifestations of human behaviour, I don’t begin to understand it.
I have known 2 unrelated people who appeared to “have everything”, but 1 committed suicide and the other retreated completely from the world for about 15 months. Fortunately, with the help of loving care from his wife and daughter, and various drugs from the NHS, he returned to “normal” life. Indeed, he seemed to be even more energetic and outgoing than he was before.
Famous or not, all suicides (apart from an escape from certain terminal illnesses) are tragic in the extreme. May she R.I.P.
Well said Bigglenaldo.UTMPB

I'm very sorry about Flack and the rest of them, but they are happy to put themselves in the spotlight for the money and fame. Fame is a Pandoras box though, and the media can make you the most loved person on earth, or they can chew you up and spit you out, and you go from one to the other in a day.

I notice the tabloids are all very sorry today about her death, but what the media all love is a 'Celeb in Crisis' and its been like this since the popular press was invented. They love them because it sells papers, and it sells papers because we all like to see the dirty linen of the rich and famous. If they are arrogant and or controversial, so much the better.

People are such hypocrites, now campaigning for change when I bet a lot of them couldn't wait to tattle and gossip about Flack and her alleged assault of her boyfriend. In a couple of month time it will be someone else's turn to get set up and slaughtered by the press, but we're the ones buying the newspapers, so who is really culpable..?
Not me m8 not bought a red top for 20 yrs or more absolute gutter press don’t buy any newspapers tbh only my betting paper for the footy

they should do away with that programme altogether IMHO - complete and utter nonsense

Its popular nonsense though. It appeals to our worst instincts, and the youngsters especially watch it avidly. Big Brother, dating games, first date shows, even Ant and Decs jungle thing. We just love the voyeuristic element of it. Its curious and titilating, just the sort of thing to sell advertising space.

I'm getting email links to a few petitions to stop 'exploiting celebrities'. Sorry? Who is exploiting who? They don't do it for free, and as we know, people who are 'famous for being famous' have management companies releasing all sorts of juicy details about their clients to keep them in the public eye. How on earth do you explain Katie Price or Kerry Katona otherwise?

Last edited:
they should do away with that programme altogether IMHO - complete and utter nonsense
I dont watch it along with other same type programmes,but if those programmes get good audience figures they will continue to be aired.

Two people close to me are avid watchers.

I do like watching Freds Restaurant,it amazes me how the gays that come on the show get all giggly with each other and fall in love at once :hmmm:

I do like Cici.

I do like watching Freds Restaurant,it amazes me how the gays that come on the show get all giggly with each other and fall in love at once :hmmm:

I do like Cici.

Ok , if this is going to be a confessional........I watch A Place in the Sun, Escape to the Country and.................Say Yes to the Dress (and I bet I'm the only person on this board who does :LOL:)

Ok , if this is going to be a confessional........I watch A Place in the Sun, Escape to the Country and.................Say Yes to the Dress (and I bet I'm the only person on this board who does :LOL:)
No I watch because my wife watches. Don't mind watching except they all look alike (and I never get the murderer!)

Avid watcher of a place in the sun and escape to the country 🙋‍♂️
keeps the dreams alive

Avid watcher of a place in the sun and escape to the country 🙋‍♂️
keeps the dreams alive

Great minds think alike :yes:

I love the Place in the Sun so much, I once roped my hubbie into doing an audition for the programme.....we pretended we were looking for a 2 bed apartment on the Algarve and did the full screen test. Didn't hear back for ages, so assumed they didn't like us, but then all of a sudden the phone wouldn't stop ringing from them.....except we'd changed our minds about the idea, so never returned their call :LOL: