Catering Feedback Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Catering Feedback Thread

I thought I'd read that today would be their full service in readiness for the season starting?

Maybe not- no pies and no sausage rolls available- didn't get past anything else to see.

Could have added coke was flat and lukewarm (but never had a coke under MM so that could be standard).

It is early in a new service so no doubt they'll have some time to get it right but the Swindon game will be interesting with 9.500 in the ground and not 3,200.

I thought I'd read that today would be their full service in readiness for the season starting?

Maybe not- no pies and no sausage rolls available- didn't get past anything else to see.

Could have added coke was flat and lukewarm (but never had a coke under MM so that could be standard).

It is early in a new service so no doubt they'll have some time to get it right but the Swindon game will be interesting with 9.500 in the ground and not 3,200.
They havent started very well have they?

Long queue before the match for a pie so I thought I'd be clever and go for one just before half time. Bad move, no pies at either end of the Co-op stand before half-time.

Long queue before the match for a pie so I thought I'd be clever and go for one just before half time. Bad move, no pies at either end of the Co-op stand before half-time.

Did they have some before match started? Didn't think they may have sold out!

Tried to get a burger at h/t, stood there for more than 10 mins and barely moved so gave it up as a bad job...

Did they have some before match started? Didn't think they may have sold out!
I thought I saw some in the warming display when I couldn't be bothered queueing. At half time people were asking for pies only to be told they only had burgers and hot dogs left. My chocolate bar was very nice though.

That's the thing. The grass is never greener on then other side. People moan about catering....so a new caterer is sought. Turns out the previous caterer wasn't too bad, so people moan about catering. People will always moan about food. It's a given. As sure as night following day.

What is concerning though is that the new caterer appears to have struggled with a third of the capacity we can expect.

I never had a Double M Burger. But the rest of the nosh was always good and Mini Jeff loved the chips and hot choc.

Having had quite considerable experience in the F&B industry, a while back....often it is best to chat with your providers and ask them to diversify....if they run things well. Ditching them can be the worst thing you can do.

That's the thing. The grass is never greener on then other side. People moan about catering....so a new caterer is sought. Turns out the previous caterer wasn't too bad, so people moan about catering. People will always moan about food. It's a given. As sure as night following day.

What is concerning though is that the new caterer appears to have struggled with a third of the capacity we can expect.

I never had a Double M Burger. But the rest of the nosh was always good and Mini Jeff loved the chips and hot choc.

Having had quite considerable experience in the F&B industry, a while back....often it is best to chat with your providers and ask them to diversify....if they run things well. Ditching them can be the worst thing you can do.

Don't think Double M was ditched, it was open competition for the contract as there's had expired.

I think you mean the grass is not always greener, rather than never.

And let's be right, Double M was absolutely shite. Not that I used them too much, but still...