Category 1 | Vital Football

Category 1

mao tse tung

Vital Champions League
Despite unfounded cynicism from some quarters, the Club have advanced a planning application for alterations to buildings on the Wilford Lane site, which will bring it up to Cat 1 standards.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loca...rd-4845676

Achieving Category 1 status will be a tremendous, if long overdue, accomplishment; the Academy will see it's profile raised, making it more attractive to prospective recruits, and the quality of opposition faced will be far higher than what is currently on offer at Cat 2

Really great news hope the plans come to fruition, surely there must be a bit more to attaining Cat 1 than a new building

Also dont forget that RBC currently have just 3 weeks to make their mind up about the new stand and appartment block planning application.

Really great news hope the plans come to fruition, surely there must be a bit more to attaining Cat 1 than a new building

A stipulation of Cat 1 attainment is to have an on site education facility, something we have not been able to provide.

I would guess that the new building will resolve that problem.

Does this mean EM has fucked off his offices that he initially prioritised over cat 1?

No, it means that the window of opportunity to apply for Cat1 is approaching, and the work required to comply with the entrance criteria is being addressed.

Personally, I think it is about time someone addressed an issue which was neglected by our previous owners.

Have you noticed the subtle change to the naming of the Training Ground?

No, it means that the window of opportunity to apply for Cat1 is approaching, and the work required to comply with the entrance criteria is being addressed.

Personally, I think it is about time someone addressed an issue which was neglected by our previous owners.

Have you noticed the subtle change to the naming of the Training Ground?

So he's still getting the offices? Previously we were told there wasn't room for education facilities because of them, what changed?

Wilford Lane I thought, how has it changed?

So he's still getting the offices? Previously we were told there wasn't room for education facilities because of them, what changed?

Wilford Lane I thought, how has it changed?

I do not recall hearing that it was an either or situation regarding the education facility and EMs offices; not sure where that has come from.

I know an alternative site has been explored; moving would be totally dependent on being able to sell the Wilford site for Housing, which I believe there is opposition to.

Everything is governed by the Cat 1 application process which operates on a three year cycle; it was not feasible to apply three years back, hence the importance being placed on this Years window.

Personally, I think it is fantastic that significant investment continues through the difficult time we are having.

I do not recall hearing that it was an either or situation regarding the education facility and EMs offices; not sure where that has come from.

I know an alternative site has been explored; moving would be totally dependent on being able to sell the Wilford site for Housing, which I believe there is opposition to.

Everything is governed by the Cat 1 application process which operates on a three year cycle; it was not feasible to apply three years back, hence the importance being placed on this Years window.

Personally, I think it is fantastic that significant investment continues through the difficult time we are having.

Great if it happens, emphasis is firmly on if though.