Cashmoney from ENIC - Not a joke! | Page 7 | Vital Football

Cashmoney from ENIC - Not a joke!

[QU="muttley, post: 3473771, member: 4886"]I don't think we have much cause for complaint when you look at the cumulative net spending through the COVID years and through to this summer.

My only frustration is that we've only managed to sell one notable player all summer. Next summer we will do what we did today with Romero and spend a chunk of money on Kulu.

It is certainly feeling like the transfer landscape is changing. Not sure I've completely got my head around it yet. I'll do my bit though when I head to see Fulham on Saturday and have a couple of beers in the stadium.[/QUOTE]

Probably not but the 150 mil was hyped up as a message if intent.

I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship. I'm continually gas-lit and I keep taking ENIC back!

Even West ham are spending more than us.

That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, their new shareholder (who will eventually own the club) already owns one club in Europe and is a multi billionaire and has a plan to spend until West Ham are top 4...year after year, and he's nota fool, he knows what it will cost him.

Over the next 4/5 years, I wouldn't be surprised if his investment doesn't surpass £1.5 billion.

[QU="muttley, post: 3473771, member: 4886"]I don't think we have much cause for complaint when you look at the cumulative net spending through the COVID years and through to this summer.

My only frustration is that we've only managed to sell one notable player all summer. Next summer we will do what we did today with Romero and spend a chunk of money on Kulu.

It is certainly feeling like the transfer landscape is changing. Not sure I've completely got my head around it yet. I'll do my bit though when I head to see Fulham on Saturday and have a couple of beers in the stadium.

Probably not but the 150 mil was hyped up as a message if intent.[/QUOTE]

Anyone that bothered to understand Conte's approach, will realise that we're one/two players from being a very very good side, but with out that creative player i've been haring on about all summer (and now Conte too) it's like have a super yacht without an engine.

That's my disappointment; some still think we don't need that player, but the evidence is self-reinforcing.

It's infuriating that we couldn't get a player like that over the line last night was an eduation for all those who still cling the fantasy that we don't need that player(s).

Probably not but the 150 mil was hyped up as a message if intent.

Anyone that bothered to understand Conte's approach, will realise that we're one/two players from being a very very good side, but with out that creative player i've been haring on about all summer (and now Conte too) it's like have a super yacht without an engine.

That's my disappointment; some still think we don't need that player, but the evidence is self-reinforcing.

It's infuriating that we couldn't get a player like that over the line last night was an eduation for all those who still cling the fantasy that we don't need that player(s).[/QUOTE]

Whilst I agree, I also think there is a lot more football to come from this squad. Conte is hinting that he has created the template for the players to retain possession and manouvre the ball around better, but he's also hinting that the players have some stage fright.

I personally think Conte will have become a little less stubborn about his player choices, even from the bench. As en example, he wants a game changer but won't even entertain Bryan Gil. He won't move Kulu inside and he isn't increasing Kane's creative output by getting him to be more available to receive a pass. Doherty is another that creates different pictures in his head to how the wing-back role is played. Another idea would be Perisic used in a creative role.

Once that window slams shut, the excuses go away for Conte. Just get on with it and optimise what you have. Otherwise, I think this thing falls apart and we see the usual suspects getting another manager the boot.