Cars | Vital Football

Cars

Premier 1

Vital Football Legend
Thinking of changing my car anyone used a D.s.g. auto box been looking at a Yeti and the Honda H.R.V both auto ,my Mini Cooper getting in and out starting to let me know my age.
Plus getting out of diesel....

Get your self a sports car, life's too short to be sensible. Regardless of ideas or thoughts, you will end up making your own decision. So buy whatever you fancy. :tophat:

The Skoda Yeti has DSG Auto but not the Honda which has a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). The DSG is quicker and lighter than a conventional auto and uses less fuel but is more expensive if it goes wrong.
I've has auto cars now for nearly 20 years (the norm Down Under) and I would never go back to manual. Just my opinion.... :tophat:

Have you tried the Toyota Yaris Hybrid ?

A lot of car owners seem to have had a lot of expense with D.S.G boxes the Yeti above the norm..

One of my pals has a petrol Honda mini Chelsea tractor....not sure of the model but it has better fuel economy that many of those tiny city cars with small engines.

Hybrids is really yesterday's tech. IMHO better off with a petrol or wait slightly longer for a decent electric. The BMW i3 is amazing but not cheap, carefuk which one you get as they upgraded the battery and with a generator so you can power up the battery with a petrol generator. Never ever pay the asking price on cars there are thousands to negotiate off a new car. i'd wait a bit and I only bought my car 5 months ago

Better still give up your car altogether. Bicycle, public transport and occasionally hiring a car can work out cheaper. My only concern with getting rid of my car is that it seems impossible to hire vehicles once you are turned 70 and I've less than 5 years to go. My mileage has dropped dramatically in the last few years and my oldfartmobile, a silver Berlingo, often sits unused for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

Thanks for the idea. Yes, I have. We are well served for them here but they only seem to work out economically for short local journeys which I never use a car for. If you want a car for a day or two you are better off hiring.