Carlisle United (a): Ticket Information | Page 9 | Vital Football

Carlisle United (a): Ticket Information

Thanks so much. I'll be sure to let you know. Apparently no driving for a week at least.
No worries. I think the no driving for a week is in case you have to make an emergency stop - it could undo what they've done.
If you don't manage to get there I'll shout ever louder. :giggle:

A couple I know (left too early/confused on Saturday!) will go if the championship trophy would be awarded if successful. Anyone ITK able to confirm arrangements?

A couple I know (left too early/confused on Saturday!) will go if the championship trophy would be awarded if successful. Anyone ITK able to confirm arrangements?

I would think it would be presented at a home match if we were to win it.

It's always done on the final home game of the season as far as I'm aware.

I would also expect it to be presented at end of final home game.
We can all go on the pitch then at the end.

The other chicken counting question is when would an open top bus parade likely be?

I would also expect it to be presented at end of final home game.
We can all go on the pitch then at the end.heard the open top bus will be the Sunday after Colchester game

The other chicken counting question is when would an open top bus parade likely be?

I would fully expect the trophy to be presented after the Colchester game regardless as to whether we clinch the title at Carlisle, Tranmere or Newport. What an anti climax it would be if we are presented it beforehand.?No doubt if we do clinch it before the, there will be those flags and hoardings ready to be used in the same manner as the promoted ones last Saturday.

I can't see Danny wanting it presented before the final ball is kicked - it doesn't fit with his philosophy. There are four games still to play, all of which he will want to win as badly as ever, and he will want no distractions. Furthermore, we have to remain focused because all four of our remaining opponents have something to play for - it is only fair to them and their rivals that we leave party time until 5pm on 4 May.

All the talk of celebrating promotion and the championship is a mute point now anyway. That was all done and dusted when we beat MK Dons, everyone who was there knew that was the game that we clinched promotion and the Championship and the post match celebrations felt like it. Any more contrived celebrations won’t come anywhere near that atmosphere and spontaneity.

All the talk of celebrating promotion and the championship is a mute point now anyway. That was all done and dusted when we beat MK Dons, everyone who was there knew that was the game that we clinched promotion and the Championship and the post match celebrations felt like it. Any more contrived celebrations won’t come anywhere near that atmosphere and spontaneity.

I think its a bit condescending to say that any more celebrations (by Imp fans) will be 'contrived' just because you was at the MK game.

Well i shall not have to be made to celebrate in any contrived way if and when we win the title, or if we win any of the remaining games.
And whilst MK was a major key step to clinching things, it did not complete matters.
11 points was needed for the title before the MK, 5 points needed after it.
There is no guarantee we can get results in the remaining games:
Carlisle away is far from easy, Tranmere at home definitely not easy, Newport away not easy, Colchester at home not easy.
It's not likely, given the form we have been in, that we would lose the last four games, but neither is it far-fetched. If the players mentally relax now that we are over the promotion line, we could easily slip up.
Let's not forget the Southport performance for example...
So still work to do and points to be won.
And genuine more celebrating to do.

Let's not forget the Southport performance for example...
I agree with the sentiments, but Southport was only half a team:

Etheridge
Long - Waterfall - Howe - Hawkridge
Muldoon - Power - Knott - Ginnelly
Rhead
Angol

Etheridge, Ginnelly, Muldoon, Howe, Power and Hawkridge were not regular starters by then. Farman, Wood, Woodyard, Raggett, Arnold and Habergham were all missing for various reasons.

I think its a bit condescending to say that any more celebrations (by Imp fans) will be 'contrived' just because you was at the MK game.

Well did you think the celebrations on Saturday were a major full on release of emotion like they were at MK then.