Carlisle goal v Notts | Page 2 | Vital Football

Carlisle goal v Notts

Even if he was off the pitch before the clip started I'm not 100% sure what the rules are. Surely players leave the pitch loads of times during the game, is specific permission required/given each and every time?

This is from the relevant part of the rules:

'A player who crosses a boundary line as part of a playing movement, does not commit an offence.'

Johnolbe said:
Anyone questioning if this is offside should be banned from commenting on any referees performance ...ever

Anyone know what Tsk, Tsk means please. Maybe I’m not trendy enough for text speak but I have no idea what this means.

I do. In olden days it meant "Tut, tut!"

Does that help?

Really?

Tsk tsk. The player was off the pitch QED and has to be invited back onto the pitch - it was you Noble John who mentioned off side.
I actually thought when you posted the picture of the player and said QED you was agreeing he was on the pitch not off it, realise now you meant the other.
The picture you posted shows his feet on the touchline which I always though was in play.

Surely the case?

I dunno, I think TEB's argument is specious at best, it's not even clear he stepped out of play. He certainly didn't for anything like long enough for any official to notice or even care. But then that was presumably his intention to lay some sort of "clever" assumption trap for others to blunder into...

As an asthmatic, I was allowed to goal-hang at school in our tennis-ball games in the Girl's Playground (I wonder if it is still called that?) at the Robert Pat. My lamentable finishing also probably had something to do with it as well. :lol:

As an asthmatic, I was allowed to goal-hang at school in our tennis-ball games in the Girl's Playground (I wonder if it is still called that?) at the Robert Pat. My lamentable finishing also probably had something to do with it as well. :lol:

ha ha that's what the mesh fences were for?- I managed to nearly put a tennis ball on the roof of the music room on the other playground in a similar position!

I wonder how many thousands of games of tennis ball football those playgrounds have seen!

Can't believe non of the keepers teammates saw the player 'hiding' behind him and gave him the heads up he was there.

Players go off the pitch frequently;

to take a throw-in, to take a goal kick, to take a corner etc. etc. I have never yet seen a ref tell a player to come back on in these circumstances.