Carlisle away | Vital Football

Carlisle away

imps1

Vital 1st Team Regular
Anyone heard when Carlisle away are on sale.

Less than 3 weeks to go and no announcement, thought they would have been on sale by now.

Away fans are housed on one side of the Pioneer (East) Stand which holds 2,000 fans, all seated. For larger games the Petterill End terrace is also used which holds 1,700. So no problem with numbers.

Note** Pre & match day sales – tickets are £3 cheaper when bought in advance of match day. The pre-sale period expires at 5pm on the last working day before the game, unless otherwise stated.

Large car park at the ground £3.00 otherwise street parking.

The Carlisle Rugby Club next to Brunton Park on the Warwick Road, has a popular bar. Other pubs: Beehive on Warwick Road, Howard Arms, on Lowther Street.

Sat Nav: Warwick Road, Carlisle CA1 1LL

Looking forward to this game as I haven't been to Carlisle since 04. I identified it as our promotion game some time ago, and will stick to that calculation. Hope we can take 1500 plus, which would be a very different atmosphere to the 42 that were there in Feb 2003!

Looking forward to this game as I haven't been to Carlisle since 04. I identified it as our promotion game some time ago, and will stick to that calculation. Hope we can take 1500 plus, which would be a very different atmosphere to the 42 that were there in Feb 2003!
I reckon it may be promotion day too. Champions to follow the next week. Need a good result at MK first though.

700+ last year travelled (funnily it was Easter weekend as well but BH Monday) so would think we will get 1,000 plus travelling.

Away fans are housed on one side of the Pioneer (East) Stand which holds 2,000 fans, all seated. For larger games the Petterill End terrace is also used which holds 1,700. So no problem with numbers.

Note** Pre & match day sales – tickets are £3 cheaper when bought in advance of match day. The pre-sale period expires at 5pm on the last working day before the game, unless otherwise stated.

Large car park at the ground £3.00 otherwise street parking.

The Carlisle Rugby Club next to Brunton Park on the Warwick Road, has a popular bar. Other pubs: Beehive on Warwick Road, Howard Arms, on Lowther Street.

Sat Nav: Warwick Road, Carlisle CA1 1LL
Been in the bar at the rugby club a few times really good.
Only two minutes from the ground.
Last visit 2004, the Bailey goal game.

Been in the bar at the rugby club a few times really good.
Only two minutes from the ground.
Last visit 2004, the Bailey goal game.
Yes that was the last time I went too ... got chatting to a few locals stood nearby, and 2 of them had the surname as me although not directly related ?

Yes that was the last time I went too ... got chatting to a few locals stood nearby, and 2 of them had the surname as me although not directly related ?
My dad's family are from the borders so my surname is very common round there.
Very,very tempted to go, especially if it confirms promotion

It was chucking it down on the way to Scotch Corner last year and then over the top it was a complete white out and the road was down tram lines. Then as we dropped down towards Penrith all the snow disappeared and the sun came out within the space of about 4 or 5 miles it was unbelievable how quickly it changed.

Aiming for this one too as my last visit was also 2004 with that mighty Bailey hoof in injury time.
15 years ago though!!!
Makes you realise how old you're getting when I remember taking my now 20 year old son with me as a 5 year old!!!

Last edited:
Aiming for this one too as my last visit was also 2004 with that mighty Bailey hoof in injury time.
15 years ago though!!!
Makes you realise how old you're getting when I remember taking my now 20 year old with me as a 5 year old!!!
My daughter wasnt even born!

I can confirm that it was indeed bloody freezing at Carlisle last year. Almost as cold as Grimsby home, almost. Having tried The Bee Hive and Rugby Club last year I would definitely go with the Rugby Club. It had a bit more character whilst The Bee Hive was ok it felt very much like a chain pub.

We did the rugby club last year and were very impressed. Got there early enough and got parked in there as well, although it did take us a good while to then get out from their car park.