Cardinal admits to lying about sexual misconduct | Vital Football

Cardinal admits to lying about sexual misconduct

Trekker

Has a high horse
So the senior catholic priest in the UK admits he lied about sexual misconduct, could he now comment on the virgin birth etc?

Ah no.
I don't care about the flavour of the " one true god"
He might as well be a baptist I really don't care

Pretty murky all this. He was (is?) one of the cardinals meant to be choosing the new Pope isn't he? They were rallying around him only last week.

No he won't be part of it because of the allegations and he has stood down JF

Isn't it amazing! Any other walk of life and he'd be up in front of the Courts in no time. But put him in a church and he's safe....relatively.

Dodgy business religion!

A couple of things that amazed me today about the Catholic church.
1) This bloke has publicly spoken against homosexuality and gay marriage, and then admits to being gay and acting inappropriately.

2) Separate issue I know but apparently over 10,000 children have been sexually abused by Catholic priests in the USA alone. 10,000!!

Wurzel - 4/3/2013 12:00

2) Separate issue I know but apparently over 10,000 children have been sexually abused by Catholic priests in the USA alone. 10,000!!

And those are just the reported ones.

Luckily, and finally, people are starting to wake up to this sick cult and hopefully it wont be long before these establishments are wiped off the planet, and those in control burned at the stake/lashed/stoned to death

Wurzel - 4/3/2013 12:00<br /><br />A couple of things that amazed me today about the Catholic church.<br />1) This bloke has publicly spoken against homosexuality and gay marriage, and then admits to being gay and acting inappropriately.<br /><br />2) <strong>Separate issue I know</strong> but apparently over 10,000 children have been sexually abused by Catholic priests in the USA alone. 10,000!!
<br /><br />Important you got that in!! :67: <br />

Pride of Lions - 4/3/2013 13:25

They seem to think they are above the law....... hiding behind their gowns and collars etc etc....

Who we on about now, priests, politicians, footballers, coppers....?

Well, that's one of the points about this, he was very anti gay yet he was having a winky fest himself at the same time.
You could say it was a boner of contention.

The Fear - 4/3/2013 13:09

kefkat - 3/3/2013 21:20

No he won't be part of it because of the allegations and he has stood down JF

he was going to be one of them though.

He 'stood down' because he was ordered to do so by the pope.