Cardiff ticket price increase | Page 6 | Vital Football

Cardiff ticket price increase

Cardiff fans also seem to think the ticket pricing is a bit steep. Apparently we cost more than going to the Emirates to watch Arsenal!

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=202604

"Gillingham taking the piss with those prices
icon_eek.gif

I'm guessing they've jacked them up for the home fans as well. I get we're a Premier League team but we're not exactly the kind that gets fans flooding through the turnstiles. Especially at those prices."

Probably nails my sentiments actually, other than that I will be going. Also, we're a League 2 team apparently, which is a new one to me!

I already have my ticket as I buy to watch the team irrelevant of owner, manager, results etc.

My gripe is still that the policy around the ‘one open stand’ and pricing policies being short sighted. More effort needs to be put into the marketing.

Is that in the media Durham I must have missed it, or did the police contact you to let you know they would be extra police levels ?

Yes i think it was one of the kent papers

Don`t really know what the Cardiff supporters are like now by years ago they one of the worst when they came to Priestfield.

Didnt someone on here say just their London supporters would sell out out way end but to be honest I dont know many taffs even in London

Shame your mate didn't come out and say that to explain the increase. Not sure many would have believed him but still should have. Thing is communication and transparency not his strong points

I am not sure Gillinghams scaffold end will be that attractive to them to be honest. I had a little nose at their website.

For £27 they can get both premier league home games (Bournemouth and Huddersfield) on a BOGOF deal

For £30 (£20 if 18-21) they can go to Palace to watch Premier League

For £30 (£25 if U22) they can go to Leicester to watch premier league

Or, for £25 (£27 if not quick off the mark) its a windswept open scaffold to watch their reserves.

Time will tell how big the crowd is but I think your mate has called this one wrong. I know a few Gills season ticket holders at work and to a man they scoffed "he's taking the piss, not bothering".

Of course they may weaken and go or someone else might take their seats, it matters not whose money comes through the turnstiles. I think that's the point though to Scally fans matter not. That lack of fan/customer care is what will eventually drive fans away and stop the club growing organically. The other growth is through investment but he's not doing too well on that front either is he.

As we dont see the P&L for this game we will not know who is right or wrong but not likely to be much profit with so much going to the away team plus their expenses are paid out as well which with the money in the Premiership is madness

Local support died many years ago a long while before PS took over, never really recovered after the navy pulled out in 1984. Now we are bombarded with live TV so no incentive to go and stand in the cold.

Which makes it harder to understand why he has done this petty increase then !

If I am paying £200 ish for travel and a further £150 for hotels etc a few pounds on tickets is sweet FA - to most the cost of a match ticket is only a small part of the expense of watching football, maybe we should have a demonstration about train and petrol costs

If I am paying £200 ish for travel and a further £150 for hotels etc a few pounds on tickets is sweet FA - to most the cost of a match ticket is only a small part of the expense of watching football, maybe we should have a demonstration about train and petrol costs
True to form you are trying to deflect the origin of this post about fans being angered by the ticket price increase - it is all the fault of ticket pricing 18 years ago, then the closure of the dockyard, now the price of train and petrol costs. Anything else - Brexit perhaps, global warming, third world poverty?
If it is costing you a lot of money to attend this game then quite frankly tough - stay at home.

That's the sort of middle class claptrap that has taken football away from its working class roots and sounded the death knell for it. Enjoy your prawn sandwiches.

True to form you are trying to deflect the origin of this post about fans being angered by the ticket price increase - it is all the fault of ticket pricing 18 years ago, then the closure of the dockyard, now the price of train and petrol costs. Anything else - Brexit perhaps, global warming, third world poverty?
If it is costing you a lot of money to attend this game then quite frankly tough - stay at home.
Mind you when you have to fly in from Dubai for matches travel costs do become a problem!

That's the sort of middle class claptrap that has taken football away from its working class roots and sounded the death knell for it. Enjoy your prawn sandwiches.

I think you will find that Sky and the greed of the Premiership took football away from the working class.

All the above has shaped what we have today, Brexit will screw us next year.

Why should i stay at home, I am not complaining about the cost of supporting the team I have followed for 55 years - just pointing out that the ticket prices are a small part of the expense

I think you will find that Sky and the greed of the Premiership took football away from the working class.

That was the catalyst for sure.

Det is, I think, referring to middle-class comments ("middle class claptrap"), such as yours above, which only serve to reinforce and reiterate the theft of the game from the very people who popularised it in the first place.

Well I'm glad you've got a few hundred quid to spend on attending a football match Durham, and a few extra quid is just a drop in the ocean for you.

Unfortunately, most of us live in the real world and a few extra quid here or there does actually make a difference.

Surely Durham is a parody poster?

I used to wonder if Durham was actually Paul Scally. I decided that he wasn't.

However, he is by far the most vocally supportive (on here) of Scally. He always defends Scally's decisions, I don't think that he has ever criticised Scally.

So, is he a personal friend? A member of Scally's family? Or is he on a retainer?

I can't think of any other reason why, even in the face of absurdity, he continually lends his support to anything and everything Scally does or does not do?

I hadn't considered him to be a parody poster. If this is the answer I'd have to congratulate him as this would have taken one hell of an effort.

Just bought mine. Apologised but complained about the price to the guy in the ticket office and asked that my comment about it 'probably keeping many fans away in the most month, be passed upwards.
He laughed and said 'Don't worry you're not the first!'

I used to wonder if Durham was actually Paul Scally. I decided that he wasn't.

However, he is by far the most vocally supportive (on here) of Scally. He always defends Scally's decisions, I don't think that he has ever criticised Scally.

So, is he a personal friend? A member of Scally's family? Or is he on a retainer?

I can't think of any other reason why, even in the face of absurdity, he continually lends his support to anything and everything Scally does or does not do?

I hadn't considered him to be a parody poster. If this is the answer I'd have to congratulate him as this would have taken one hell of an effort.

I have always thought that Durham was really Uncle Paul but then someone on here claimed to have met him at an away game (he could be in on it of course :-) ). Now, the thought that Durham is a parody account is too good to be true. We've needed one of them since Montague Hyde disappeared.

On a serious note everyone is entitled to a view, Durhams view that £2 or £3 isn't much is fine but that really isn't the point that people are making. Its the short sightedness that rather than use the draw (sic) of a premier league club to increase gates he's chosen to try and squeeze the fans a bit more and as a result might actually reduce the gate enough to mean we make less cash than we could have.

Durham is right that we will never know and its hard to compare.

However, the last time we played a third round home game was 7th January 2012 against Stoke. Lost 1-3 in front of 9,872.

Kent public Interest in Gills has fallen somewhat (why and who is to blame is another thread) since 2012 so it might be unrealistic to expect the crowd to have matched that number but what realistically would we have expected the crowd to be at

£20
£normal league

Then we can look at what he gets at the increased case and judge (just for fun) whether its another Scally marketing masterclass or not.

That was the catalyst for sure.

Det is, I think, referring to middle-class comments ("middle class claptrap"), such as yours above, which only serve to reinforce and reiterate the theft of the game from the very people who popularised it in the first place.

I used to live a few miles from the ground but things move on a i had to make a decision when i moved further and further away if i still wanted to support the club and go to matches and yes i did and the travel and hotels are all part of that decision.

Paying for Sky now seems a must have in most homes and this has help fund the elite Premiership so in some ways everyone who has Sky or BT is to blame