Cardiff ticket price increase | Page 5 | Vital Football

Cardiff ticket price increase

Buddha, it’s a matter of comparison. Take Bristol Rovers for example. Their manager complained after the Gills defeat that they only have one training pitch and that’s not always available to the first team. We have decent training facilities exclusively available to the club. We have an academy that’s operating at a good standard for League 1 and is producing a good number of decent quality players. Some clubs have done away with theirs. The facilities at the ground for home supporters are on a par with most and better than some of our competitors grounds. I could go through the list of clubs in our division that have issues with their owners many of a more profound nature than the niggles with Scally. Your gripes seem to begin and end with what Scally pays himself but as I’ve said before, add some of that back into the playing budget and its hardly going to make a difference.

Buddha, it’s a matter of comparison. Take Bristol Rovers for example. Their manager complained after the Gills defeat that they only have one training pitch and that’s not always available to the first team. We have decent training facilities exclusively available to the club. We have an academy that’s operating at a good standard for League 1 and is producing a good number of decent quality players. Some clubs have done away with theirs. The facilities at the ground for home supporters are on a par with most and better than some of our competitors grounds. I could go through the list of clubs in our division that have issues with their owners many of a more profound nature than the niggles with Scally. Your gripes seem to begin and end with what Scally pays himself but as I’ve said before, add some of that back into the playing budget and its hardly going to make a difference.

Your points about the training facilities and the youth set-up are fair enough. Those things could be worse. And the youth development is crucial at the moment so yeah, I'll grudgingly accept that this aspect of the club doesn't appear to be being badly managed.

My major gripe is the amount of money he takes out of the club, but as I said above this fact informs all the other gripes.

I don't think the stadium and the facilities are that good. They're not bad but everything has a touch of Scally and is just a bit cheap and tacky. I had a tour of the stadium last season and couldn't help thinking how much better and more stylish it could have been for no extra cost.

The main problem though is the lack of investment in the team. He's always banged on about new stadiums and the potential of the club in terms of attracting support from a huge catchment area but has failed to realise that the way to get people through the turnstiles there needs to be an exciting and (potentially) successful team playing.

All he needs to do is let the fans know and feel that he cares too. He could start by taking a pay cut and offering Eaves a new contract with a pay rise and buy out clause.

All he needs to do is let the fans know and feel that he cares too. He could start by taking a pay cut and offering Eaves a new contract with a pay rise and buy out clause.

I’m certain that Scally cares.
I’m also certain that if Eaves has been offered a new contract as reported then this will include a pay rise.

The fact we had a cracking result yesterday does not change the issues brought about by the club’s poor handling of this situation.

This is a message board used for debate. There’s not much to debate about what sounds like an excellent kperformance and win at Scunthorpe. Not many users of this message board managed to witness the performance so there won’t be a great deal said about it.

Most of the players are on Twitter so that’s where you’ll find messages such as ‘well done’. Pointless posting such messages on here and a thread with several people posting such would be incredibly dull.

Posts breed posts. If a thread is two days old and people are still posting on it I don’t see that as a negative - perhaps it shows the subject is worth debating.

I do find it amusing that someone in Australia (unlikely to go to the game) is telling those more local and likely to be affected by the ticket price that it’s not a subject they should be discussing. Think we all welcome your views from afar but really don’t feel it’s your place to decide what should and shouldn’t be discussed.

Regards trolling - can you please point out which posts in the thread you believe are trolling? Think that comment is wide of the mark (or were you trolling?)
I believe the best wa to deal with trolls is not to feed them - if that’s you posting as Sir Keith on KOL Id suggest you’re wasting time replying to the various trolls on there.

nibbles, definitely not me as Sir Keefy on KoL. I don't post on there. Try to force myself not to read the replies just the articles, but hard not to sometimes. Backs my view that there's a lot more posts when we lose than when we win.

And mate, I am not telling anyone they shouldn't post on ticket prices. Read carefully. I asked why multiple people post ONLY on those negative threads, but never discuss the match or team (except when it loses). After all, this is a Gills "supporters" forum. Again, KoL syndrome :)

But, I think you have answered my question - twitter. Maybe everyone goes on there to discuss football and comes back here to moan and talk politics, race, religion etc. I'll have to get myself on there.

I’m certain that Scally cares.

How comes?

Obviously in some respects he cares. But I mean cares like we care, as supporters, not as a businessman or asset owner.

His exorbitant salary suggests he cares more about himself than the club. If you were the owner of GFC would you pay yourself as much as that?

twitter. Maybe everyone goes on there to discuss football and comes back here to moan and talk politics, race, religion etc.

Ermmmm, if you want to avoid talk of politics, race and religion maybe Twitter’s not your cup of tea.

Though one of its selling points is that you only have to see the type of content you want to see.

Ermmmm, if you want to avoid talk of politics, race and religion maybe Twitter’s not your cup of tea.

Though one of its selling points is that you only have to see the type of content you want to see.

Ah crap! Do people talk politics and religion on the Gills twitter bits? Never used it although sometimes things pointing me to Gills twitter pop up on my Facebook feed.

Compete opportunism by Scally. He should have gone for £20 for EVERY seat (adults).

I believe we get 1/3 of the money, Cardiff get 1/3 and the FA get 1/3.

Not going at that price. Thing is, it's a bonus game, we don't normally last this long in the Cup. So any money earnt is an unexpected bonus to club. Charging the same (or even a bit less) would, I believe, generate more of a bonus.

On sale to S/T holders now _ I am rushing off to get mine and extras for many friends - would hate to miss out on this great opportunity. NOT.

Bought mine this morning plus two others as allowed. Spoke to the office and they suggested demand was a lot higher than expected after reading the forums !!!!

So someone is certainly watching what is posted on here ......

:toot::tank:

Bought mine this morning plus two others as allowed. Spoke to the office and they suggested demand was a lot higher than expected after reading the forums !!!!

So someone is certainly watching what is posted on here ......

:toot::tank:

I had to have a chuckle at some of the complete dross that has been chosen for TV coverage:

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2018/december/cardiff-tickets/

Man Utd v Reading and Wolves v Liverpool as two of the top pick live games? Give me strength!

BBC extended highlights of Chelsea v Forrest and Sheffield United v Barnet!

And in what world would anyone overseas want to watch Burnley v Barnsley, Sheff Weds v Luton, Shrewsbury v Stoke, Norwich v Pompey, Fulham v Oldham, Millwall v Hull or Preston v Doncaster?

I get that our match v Cardiff, on the face of it to most, probably sounds a bit like a traditional third tier or FA Cup First Round match, but it is at the end of the day a lower league team aty home to a Prem League team with an outside chance of an upset. Whilst it might not be top pick, it's surely a better pick than two Championship teams playing each other or a big Prem team playing an average Championship team at home?

I had to have a chuckle at some of the complete dross that has been chosen for TV coverage:

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2018/december/cardiff-tickets/

Man Utd v Reading and Wolves v Liverpool as two of the top pick live games? Give me strength!

BBC extended highlights of Chelsea v Forrest and Sheffield United v Barnet!

And in what world would anyone overseas want to watch Burnley v Barnsley, Sheff Weds v Luton, Shrewsbury v Stoke, Norwich v Pompey, Fulham v Oldham, Millwall v Hull or Preston v Doncaster?

I get that our match v Cardiff, on the face of it to most, probably sounds a bit like a traditional third tier or FA Cup First Round match, but it is at the end of the day a lower league team aty home to a Prem League team with an outside chance of an upset. Whilst it might not be top pick, it's surely a better pick than two Championship teams playing each other or a big Prem team playing an average Championship team at home?

How is the success of the choice of televised matches measured?

If it’s by viewing figures then it’s a no brainer that the Man United and Liverpool games were picked.

While as a neutral lower league fan I’d rather watch a game like ours, there are sadly more Man Utd fans out there than the whole of the EFL. Surely the TV channels will be picking the games with the widest appeal?

Remember when Stoke and Newcastle came down a few years back in the cups the ground was full, don't remember the ticket prices being that high then. You have got to laugh if scally thinks he is going to get a decent attendance with that ticket price:rofl:

It will be interesting to see how many Cardiff fans buy tickets, an old friend of mine lives in south London and has been a bluebirds fan all his life. He tells me here are enough Cardiff fans in and around London to easily fill the town end. and Gillingham is a lot cheaper to get to than Cardiff.

It will be interesting to see how many Cardiff fans buy tickets, an old friend of mine lives in south London and has been a bluebirds fan all his life. He tells me here are enough Cardiff fans in and around London to easily fill the town end. and Gillingham is a lot cheaper to get to than Cardiff.

I can't see Cardiff bringing any more than 1000. They are getting good crowds this season due to their Prem status, but they aren't one of the best supported clubs home and away in the top two tiers. Also, unlike other Prem Clubs, a trip to Gillingham is not a novelty or "one to tick off". We've played them dozens of times in recent history. For a long trek just after Christmas/New Year, I'd be amazed if they brought more than 800.

Is it £25 + £2 in Jan for the scaffold end as well ?

That really is taking the wee

Gets too cold and it will be off anyway on safety grounds. That happened last year when there wasnt any snow on the ground but the scaffold as icy.

Nah, Priestfield is gonna be rocking mate you've got it all wrong...

According to Durham thousands of Cardiff fans will be making the trip to Gillingham away in glorious January weather with our luxurious open stand.

Not according to me - according to Kent Police