Cardiff In The Carabao Cup | Vital Football

Cardiff In The Carabao Cup

Terrible draw . Perhaps they will play their reserves , then the happy clappers will be thrilled with a 3-2 defeat

Terrible draw in terms of opponent and distance for the club but personally for me couldn't have been better seeing as I live 30 minutes from Cardiff. Will be the shortest trip of the season for me easily. That being said, going to have to try and work something out with work to get an earlier finish to allow me to get over to the ground.

Managed to get a 7pm finish and I work about 20 minutes from the ground. Tickets wouldn't have arrived in time so have had to arrange to collect them from the ticket office at the stadium. A non game really of which I couldn't care about the outcome and I expect both clubs to field a weakened side. However I could just not live with myself to have NCFC playing a stones throw away and me being sat in work and not there supporting them. Will be the first cup game I've attended as I've never bothered before now as always saw the cup as a distraction. I work with a few Cardiff fans so will probably walk over with them being the lone Yellow shirt. :eek!:

I know how you feel Nathan. I went on my own to Villa away one season as I would’ve felt really bad not going. I expect I will have to go to WBA and AV (last game of season) on my own too unless we are battling for a play off space, which I very much doubt.

I was thinking, in my 16 years of supporting NC I can probably count on one hand the amounts of times we've had a fully fit squad to choose from! I have never in my life known a club like us for injuries. I can't remember the last time I said the words "we have everyone to choose from". In fact I may not ever have said that? :eek!: even in pre season before a ball is kicked we have players injured and all they've had to do is laze about on a beach :shrug:

Of the teams that were remaining I think it's a great draw for us and a reward for beating Cardiff. A good away day I'm sure and a ground you don't get to tick off your list too often. Rather that than a home game against a big prem side and have the place full of plastics

I am gonna have to refind my enthusiasm to go there ! Maybe a good win at Ipswich and a thrilling win against Boro may cheer me up !

Last edited: