Cardiff City Fan Comments | Vital Football

Cardiff City Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Always disliked them since a couple of their fans were in Grandstand and shouting some awful things to Dave Jones , in relation to his court cast, Couple of us saw red and we nearly got chucked out.. great stewarding! So from then on I have detested that club. Hope we beat them mainly as I always think of those horrible blokes when we play them

Scabs.

Always liked Forest. Good fans and a proper football club.

Reckon they will do to us what we did to them a few weeks back I’m afraid.

Cardiff City have won nine of their previous 10 league matches against Nottingham Forest, drawing the other in December 2015.

Despite drawing five of their previous six home matches (W1), Cardiff have lost fewer home games than any other Championship side on home soil this season (W8 D7 L1), a 0-1 defeat by Bristol City in November.

In the 13 Championship games this season when Nottingham Forest have had the larger share of possession, they have managed just one victory (7.7% - D5 L7), compared to winning 14 of the other 21 matches in which the Reds have surrendered the higher share to their opponents (66.7% - D6 L1).

Nottingham Forest have lost on seven on their previous 10 trips to Welsh sides in all competitions (W1 D2), though following their victory at Swansea in September, the Reds are looking to win back-to-back games in Wales for the first time since November 2010 (1-0 v Swansea, 2-0 v Cardiff).

2 home games 2 games against opposition that are 6 points ahead of us! If we did win both of these games were going to be out of the play offs by goal difference i believe!

Even at home i think we could struggle with Brentford and Forest.

Forest have some key players out tonight also.

Fear Forest will do to us what we did to them at theirs.

1,200 Forest here on a tuesday night for a game on Sky is a good showing.

Big ask with no tomlin and no adomah.

We couldn't beat an egg at the moment.

Has to be an easy win for Forest sadly.

Tomlin has been carrying us with his goals, assists and creativity.

Cold, damp with zero atmosphere. It’s hard to love City at the moment and I’m seriously considering going home at half time.

It's so hard to watch it really is I dunno why sky put us on TV so much do they not want people to watch there games haha.

Penalty!

Penalty decision was marginal.

That was a clear penalty to City...

What the **** is that commentator on about? 'Toe on the ball', doesn't touch it. Penalty!

Clearly didn't get a touch. Definite penalty.

I'm here and actually think we’re doing ok.

They have started with a bang...and score.

Murphy loses possession yet again and bang 1-0.

Second to everything. Forest want it more. Shocking start to the second half.

Forest have been nothing special tonight. The game has been weak of quality. We just have no way of playing and after months of being in charge it’s not good enough. Tomlin was carrying the team and without him we are back to a bang average team.

Absolutely no quality in the final third. It's so, so poor. Failed to test the keeper all night.

I thought we played well tonight. We weren’t brilliant but against a good side and without our best attacking player we gave it a good go.

Smithies kept us in it with 3 or 4 brilliant saves again.

Forest got the goal and basically stop us getting anywhere near an equaliser. They should have won the game by alot more goals.

Fought hard? Second best all over the park until we went one down. It's not good enough at home.

Forest fully deserved the win. They took the big chance we didn't.

To be honest I can't remember their keeper making a save other than a long distance from Glatzel which was going wide anyway.

It was a bit different from what we did to them. We scored early and then clung on for dear life as they bombarded our goal with shot after shot.

They scored and we huffed and puffed without really putting them under any real pressure for the rest of the game.

Worst ref we have had this season and that takes some doing. Utter joke!

Miles away from play for the penalty on Murphy, f*cking useless.

The stone wall penalty on Murphy was bad enough, but for Paterson to be given offside when the Forest player headed the ball was a new one to me!

Second half had a goal six substitutions. That's three and a half minutes of injury time just for that. Smithies and Bennett had the trainer on and Forest's time wasting was horrific. There should have been at least seven minutes.

Steve Martin, dont know about the man with 2 brains, I thought he was less than half a brain tonight.

Gotta love the Forest keeper competing for the long throws.

Forest are nothing special. sums up this league.

Played okay first 25 but this referee has been so anti Cardiff it's no wonder.

Ooor defeat that, Forest were poor and will really struggle if they go up.

Penalty not given and numerous handballs, What can you do??

Wow... Forest looked like a girls team playing with a girl sent off... no dissrespect to any girls teams...and we couldnt beat them.

We are a shocking football team in a league of shocking teams. None of them are good enough for the premier League.

Stoke and Forest were piss poor. Problem is we were worse. That performance tonight was utterly atrocious. And city players squaring up to each other was the icing.

I can see how the ref might have thought the defender got the ball though. It came off Murphy's foot at a weird angle. I wish there was VAR in the Championship if only to stop the muggings our players continually get at set pieces.

Apparently Forest had been having a bad run until tonight.

According to who? Not anyone with any knowledge of stats.

Officials 10/10 For Forest.

How are Forest in the top 4? Average beyond belief but better than City.

Forest are not all that. Very ordinary. However they had the one thing we now lack without Tomlin, a playmaker. Their no. 28 Tiago Silva, my man of the match, controlled their offensive midfield and scored their goal. We couldn't get a boot on him.

Forest only had one shot on target, they created nothing, a few breaks and that includes their goal. Ref should have booked a few in the first half alone, and certainly more than just Ameobi. Penalties not given. A different ref = a different result and a different set of comments?

I wonder if we were at the same game, I thought we were piss poor and probably deserved to loose by more!

Got what we deserved, nothing! Could still be playing now and we still wouldn’t have scored.

Forest were ok, fairly organised, nothing special, but despite having plenty of possession we really failed to cause them any real problems at all. It seems like the more we have of the ball, the less we know what to do with it. We are just so slow and predictable.

Thought the ref was mildly better than we've seen recently, I'd be annoyed if we didn't get that pen but at the same time it wasn't that easy to to tell if he got the ball especially in real time. We weren't pretty but again so hard to break down, we also created a fair few decent chances, how Grabban didn't find walker at the end I'll never know.

The Referee was a lot better than what we have had of late.

He tried to keep the game going, did not blow up for trivial things, got the Penalty decision correct when it would have been so easy to give it, he was certainly not fooled by any play acting and he used his cards as a last resort.

That will probably be it for the season now; shit referees all the way.

Fair comments for the most part which is unexpected.

I still can’t believe there was 21k there. Unless the stand that the cameras were in had were full.

They guessed about 14k on their forum, those figures always include season ticket holders irrespective of if they turn up or not.

It was inevitable that they’d complain about not being awarded a penalty for a good tackle by Cash, he got the ball first, end of.

Cheers CP. Can’t argue too much although for average read solid and well organised. We are nothing special but then we haven’t had to be and low possession counter attacking football from a sound base suits our squad.

Still enjoying this season and it must be even more fun for the neutral. Just hope Leeds and Fulham balls up now...

I honestly thought it was a penalty until I saw this, and that is why I am not a referee. Good call ref.

In real time ive seen them given but it clearly wasnt a pen and a good call by the ref. Agree with mao, ref did his best to let play flow. Joe's handball is also bollocks cos he had his back turned.

Thought junior hoilet was their best player. Was satisfying to win like that at cardiff tho