Cardiff 0 City 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread | Vital Football

Cardiff 0 City 2 - Stats Link & Post Match Reaction & Debate Thread

Kevin de Bruyne speaking to BBC:

"It was a different playing style to everyone else. The tactics we used were class because Vincent Kompany was always free and we opened up the midfield.

"We had a lot of space. The second-half was strange because they didn't want to attack us and I think it was a little bit boring for half an hour.

On his goal: "The wall was close so I thought it would be easier to hit it under rather than over!

On those bad tackles: "We knew how they played - they caught us a few times and that is football but obviously Leroy Sane is injured now and hopefully that is not too bad."

Pep Guardiola speaking to BBC Sport addressed Joe Bennett's challenge on Leroy Sane:

"You have to protect the players, I do not understand the goal [being disallowed] but that I can accept. But the referees have to protects the players and not just my players, all players. Where there is fault, there is fault and when it is dangerous, it is dangerous. You are not more brave for kicking.

"Sane will be out, I am not sure how long for, I am not a doctor,"

On the disallowed goal: "I have never seen that before in my life, but I can accept that."

On the quadruple chances: No. They asked me if we would be invincible in the Premier League and I said no. I do not have enough players, I have players out injured. It is impossible."

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock on Joe Bennett's dismissal:

"It is unprofessional from Joe and then to commit one in the 92nd minute. Maybe he does not want to go to Leeds on Saturday.

"He will be training morning, noon and night, I can tell you that."

That is bad news for Sané who had been tearing up the league defences.

Dirty sh*t bags. We all feared this sort of outcome BUT as Pep has made abundantly clear, when referee's do **ck all about it, opposition players will think it is fair game. Mason had a shocker :019:

What I don't understand if this.....

They have accepted the principal of retrospective action for diving so the argument that they authorities cannot deal after the game has finished with mistakes made by officials during the game is now void. A precedent has been set.

They are introducing VAR to deal with "clear and obvious errors" made during the game - so again, have accepted that action can be taken on review of an incident with the benefit of a better view.

WHY can they not overturn clear and obvious mistakes when red cards SHOULD have been issued but weren't? It does not help the game at the time that is accepted BUT if Bennet's yellow is turned into a three match ban then players would be unavailable and they might - just might - not make cowardly and shameful fouls like Bennett did on Sane or Puncheon on De Bruyne.

Managers would know that they cannot send their players out with effectively a carte blanche to foul opponents as Warnock did. He made it clear before the game "I am looking forward to seeing some challenges".

Absolutely livid..... :019: :019: :019: :019:

German FA statement.

Germany
@DFB_Team_EN

Hey, @CardiffCityFC. Just letting you know, we have a really important tournament in the summer. Please don't hurt our players. Thanks, #DieMannschaft

Mason has always been an appallingly bad referee but he's just taken it to a whole new level.

Well, here's my two euro-eth. The fact that we have not shipped more injuries today is purely down to brilliant game management. Pep was visibly calling for calm and distance from Cardiff players around the time that we engaged in keep ball. To have continued to fly at them to give Warnock's assassins the caning they deserve would most certainly have resulted in further injury such was the shameless lack of protection from the pisspoor Lee Mason. It's cause for concern within the game that so many shocking tackles on City players who have lit up English football this season are going unpunished. This match constituted another worldwide audience masterclass from City. Fittingly, Cardiff who have Premier League aspirations were exposed internationally as a team of limited thugs. Here's to them falling down the Championship table as quickly as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_1495.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1493.JPG
  • IMG_1494.JPG
  • IMG_1496.JPG
All potential leg breakers those.

An absolute disgrace that the offenders were not dealt with properly by the authorities.

Shameful refereeing

We've voiced concerns repeatedly here over the past two seasons about refereeing standards in England. I don't think many of them are fit enough to keep up with the speed of play.

Three additional pointers to earlier. Dann and Puncheon’s assaults on KDB at Palace can be added to the list of shame. Kun left Cardiff with ice packs on his ankles and Warnock qualified his fury at his player for getting sent off. “To do that pathetic challenge when he is on a yellow is disrespectful to his teammates....we do it differently here. Guardiola should have expected some naughty tackles.”

He did warn us about his player being mischievous, but that is not the word I would put it, I think sane will be out for a while and I lay the blame squarely at Maureen feet, because since his remarks about referees our top players have been targeted and nothing has been done other than a yellow.

This rule must change and he would have received a red if VAR had been in use.

Buzz Lightyear - 29/1/2018 10:16

He did warn us about his player being mischievous, but that is not the word I would put it, I think sane will be out for a while and I lay the blame squarely at Maureen feet, because since his remarks about referees our top players have been targeted and nothing has been done other than a yellow.

This rule must change and he would have received a red if VAR had been in use.

I wouldn't go as far as that regarding Mourinho, Buzz, as we've copped a few prior to the derby, but it does seem noticeable that the frequency of poor challenges has increased since his 'falling over' remarks.
You could also point the finger at Dyche.
United don't seem to attract these sort of tackles. Why? :048:

Mason gets no sanction whatsoever from his bosses for that disgraceful display.
He's reffing Swansea v Arse tomorrow night.

Similar scenes with Guardiola and Mason last season after the Burnley game, for amongst other things Vokes assault on Bravo, unfortunately many City fans at the time were intent on having a go at Bravo ( for a change) rather than acknowledging what had happened.

Attachments

• 3BC971BE00000578-4082586-image-a-5_1483401419013.jpg