CARABAO CUP- LAST 16 | Page 2 | Vital Football

CARABAO CUP- LAST 16

I don't think that I could have been clear. I want to win the FA cup and finish in a ECL place. I don't think expressing a personal preference denotes any attitudes at all. My scenario ends with us beating the Chavs/pool in a semi and Arsenal to WIN the cup. Your attitude is wrong Scott because you have us losing that game. I also think we need to get a way from the odd idea our wants effect the side. I never said Poch would do this because he had his own motivations, some of which I honestly don't really get.

Fair point, I still don't have us winning any big game in a cup semi/final though. We've had our chances and don't believe our time will come. League Cup however I believe we could potentially win

This is my point. We're called negative for not caring about the league cup as much as the FA cup or the league, but it is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory

I don't think that I could have been clear. I want to win the FA cup and finish in a ECL place. I don't think expressing a personal preference denotes any attitudes at all. My scenario ends with us beating the Chavs/pool in a semi and Arsenal to WIN the cup. Your attitude is wrong Scott because you have us losing that game. I also think we need to get a way from the odd idea our wants effect the side. I never said Poch would do this because he had his own motivations, some of which I honestly don't really get.
As I have indicated before. To me it makes sense to have targeted competitions to do well in. The Carabao is the least prestigious but probably easiest. But there is not guarantee of winning it. However if we focus on the PL we stand a chance of top 4. That is where the money is so although a bit of silver would be nice....it ain't gonna pay the bills. I would carry on using our squad as best possible to try and win Carabao games but not at the cost of failing in the PL.

Go strong where we have to. Calculated risk against weaker sides.

West Ham are annoying but a slightly rotated team wouldn't be any more complacent than our first string based on past evidence so I'd rotate a few.