Carabao Cup Hull 0 Derby 4 Match report | Vital Football

Carabao Cup Hull 0 Derby 4 Match report

Not a bad performance from any Ram tonight. Half a dozen of them will miss out on Saturday IMO. Back to 1-4-2-3-1 with Hudds and BJ rocks from where we built a stream of quick attacks which continually caused Hull problems. Solid defence, chasing the ball all over the park every time we lost it. Work rate top drawer. Tackles, positioning, passing. It was all there.

Roos - 6. punched on a couple of occasions when he should have caught it. Not really troubled
Wisdom - 7. Odd error but solved most himself
Keogh - 8. Solid. Faultless.
Tomori - 8. Solid. Faultless.
Malone - 6. Did his job.
Huddlestone 8.5 - MOTM. Cool calm and majestic
Josefzoon - 7.5 - more than I expected from him
Marriott - 7. Did everything but score
Mount - 8. He will be a superstar inside 2 years
Johnson - 8. Looked secure alongside Tom and a great assist for the opener
Waghorn - 8. Busy, involved, might just have done enough to keep Nuge out

subs--
Carson
Forsyth
Lowe (71) - 6. Steady performance after coming on
Bird (79) - 6. Steady performance after coming on
Holmes (71) - 7. everywhere. An assist with his first touch. Shows promise.
Bennett
Nugent

A little disparaging of our lads there Ramondo.

They had 9 changes to our 8. Both sides played, basically, their 2nd string. Ours is clearly so much better than theirs. The big question is how much better than theirs is our 1st string?

1-4-2-3-1 seemed to suit the team to a tee last night. What players and in what formation will we see back up there on Saturday?

A little disparaging of our lads there Ramondo.

They had 9 changes to our 8. Both sides played, basically, their 2nd string. Ours is clearly so much better than theirs. The big question is how much better than theirs is our 1st string?

1-4-2-3-1 seemed to suit the team to a tee last night. What players and in what formation will we see back up there on Saturday?

Yes, remember a couple of years ago, we beat them Three times during the season then the play-off semi where we imploded, although that was at home and we were very unlucky in the away leg..............................................but times have moved on eh?

Bit of a shocker. Did Hull put the under-5 team out or did we just have a great performance?

The almost forgotten FM voice of sense and reason makes his Vital debut. Hope you stick around Ramondo.

So you’d start Huddlestone on Saturday then MA. How about FloJo and Holmes?

Can't tell too much from a 19 minute cameo from Holmes. Flojo looked the deal last night but they played 4 Academy lads. You can only beat what;'s in front of you but I would prefer to see the two of them repeat what they showed last night against an SBC level outfit before giving them a start.

1-4-2-3-1 system last night with BJ benefitting from having Hudds in there. We have been crying out for Tom's return and I just hope he is up to 2 games in 5 days. If not then put Ledley in alongside BJ.

Front 4? Mount, Lawrence, Bennett and Foghorn Leghorn for me although I think FL will keep Nuge up top.

Latest Rams News