Carabao Cup Final - Manchester City v Aston Villa - Post Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Carabao Cup Final - Manchester City v Aston Villa - Post Match Thread

Anyone else get the general feeling that the main post-cup final narrative is that the competition has had it's day, it has become devalued and not worth bothering with? Not a mantra you would have found in the 1970s when LiVARpool eon it four seasons in a row.

Maybe if other clubs actually tried to win it rather than giving most first teamers a week off.......🤔

One point I forgot to add was about the attendance.

I didn't catch properly what was announced over the PA, but the big screen inside the stadium showed 82,149.

Noted that the BBC and Telegraph published four less on the figure - no other outlets have confirmed the attendance that I know of.
Apart from Martin Samuel, the Mail has been binned following their 'grubby little club' headline.

The EFL website match report indicates the attendance as 82,149.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/march/match-report-carabao-cup-final

Anyone else get the general feeling that the main post-cup final narrative is that the competition has had it's day, it has become devalued and not worth bothering with? Not a mantra you would have found in the 1970s when LiVARpool eon it four seasons in a row.

Maybe if other clubs actually tried to win it rather than giving most first teamers a week off.......🤔

Yep, Pep ALWAYS plays his stongest XI.

Good times...