Carabao Cup Final - Manchester City v Aston Villa - Post Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Carabao Cup Final - Manchester City v Aston Villa - Post Match Thread

One point I forgot to add was about the attendance.

I didn't catch properly what was announced over the PA, but the big screen inside the stadium showed 82,149.

Noted that the BBC and Telegraph published four less on the figure - no other outlets have confirmed the attendance that I know of.
Apart from Martin Samuel, the Mail has been binned following their 'grubby little club' headline.

Anyone else notice just how big a prick Tyrone Mings was yesterday?

When Foden made a mazy little run early in the second half two players had bites at him bit the coup de grace was delyby Ming's who simply shoved him in the chest & over in mid flow. A while later Rodri punched a through ball up to Aguero who was flagged offside but again Ming's gave him a huge shove to the ground.

Limited player who was acting out and who should be nowhere close to an England international place (as was being mentioned by the Sky commentary 'Dream Team' yesterday).

Just had a peek at the Vital Villa match day thread..... there are some bitter and, in some cases, unpleasant people out there 😕

Just had a peek at the Vital Villa match day thread..... there are some bitter and, in some cases, unpleasant people out there 😕
I occasionally pop on Villa’s board and post one or two things because I respect their club and their history. However, I now agree with you Skoorb, they have become very bitter and jumped on the anti-City bandwagon.. I won’t bother again.

This is a sample of the sort of bile that is on their thread. I don't normally bother looking and could pretty much care less but this is very disappointing ....

"Most of our fans stayed longer after the final whistle than their classless and arrogant bunch. If we had won, they would have had to forcibly eject us from the stadium.​
I hope that they get battered by Real Madrid in the CL and get banned from Europe for 4 years after the appeal fails. There is a slim chance that EUFA will strip them of their licence and if that happens, they will be relegated to League 2. Then 'proper' FFP rules will apply and they will be in the wilderness forever."​

Wow. That goes way beyond a fan just being upset losing a football match.
I could maybe understand if we were local rivals, after all, we do wish Armageddon on the rags, but we’re not even rivals with Villa.
Whoever posted that needs to go get himself a life.

Wow. That goes way beyond a fan just being upset losing a football match.
I could maybe understand if we were local rivals, after all, we do wish Armageddon on the rags, but we’re not even rivals with Villa.
Whoever posted that needs to go get himself a life.

It's not the worst either. I can understand the frustration of losing of course and especially given the circumstances that lead to Rodri's goal but it's a bit rich that so many refer to City fans as 'classless' when there are quite a few discussing the awful behaviour of drunken Villa fans throwing things and being abusive.....to their own fans as well as some of them fighting amongst each other. :shrug:

This is a sample of the sort of bile that is on their thread. I don't normally bother looking and could pretty much care less but this is very disappointing ....

"Most of our fans stayed longer after the final whistle than their classless and arrogant bunch. If we had won, they would have had to forcibly eject us from the stadium.​
I hope that they get battered by Real Madrid in the CL and get banned from Europe for 4 years after the appeal fails. There is a slim chance that EUFA will strip them of their licence and if that happens, they will be relegated to League 2. Then 'proper' FFP rules will apply and they will be in the wilderness forever."​

I've noticed this bullshit on Twitter, bare faced lies, it's pathetic!

Self entitled fans who haven't won anything in ages. P!us, they have to live in Birmingham.💩 I might be bitter too if that was my life.👦😏

I used to have a lot of respect for Villa fans and I know those posts are not representative of probably the vast majority......but it seems that quite a few have bought into the recycled BS.

At the end they are embittered & jealous and not one of them would have been disappointed had Sheik Mansour invested in their club. If they deny that they are only fooling themselves.

I would post that on their thread but I would just get a load of abuse and denial.

Once it has got to that depth of BS there is little to be gained by trying to engage with them and you are right - all that would come back is more vitriol and bile.

The fake news ought to be combatted though as it is total bullshit