Carabao Cup 3rd Round Manchester Unted 2 Derby County 2...Match report | Vital Football

Carabao Cup 3rd Round Manchester Unted 2 Derby County 2...Match report

Just back home following a grand tour of various hostelries in Stockport, Manchester and Birmingham. With regard to both the team and the fans, that was the best performance since that 1968 Chelsea League Cup tie at out spiritual home, the BBG.

The players were magnificent. The fans shut the OT crowd up and, on the few occasions the Mancs tried to get noisy they were drowned out.

You will all have read and heard all about the game on here or other places online and from other people. I would like to concentrate on just one moment. That free kick. It went in. We all went wild and then I thought about what I had just seen. Back in my playing and coaching days, I could bend a ball. I could get it to dip with some top spin. However, I could not, and still can't do both in one and the same shot. I can't even think HOW you would achieve that. Harry Wilson actually did it. He is an immense talent. If he can learn to use his right foot for things other than standing on he has the potential to match the heights Messi and Ronaldo have.

Messi is also a bit one footed and he has had, and continues to have a great career. The same is true of Robben but players who are that one footed who reach the very top are few and far between. Come on Harry, train that right peg.

Latest Rams News