CAPTAIN | Page 4 | Vital Football

CAPTAIN

Berge on 40k a week, feck me whoever sanctioned that needs to give their head a shake, if true it could be a factor in our nosedive.

Berge on 40k a week, feck me whoever sanctioned that needs to give their head a shake, if true it could be a factor in our nosedive.
No wonder he chose United and not some of the bigger names after him who would have been offering about. the same to seat warm until they could assess how he was going to develop for PL. Whereas he would be guaranteed a regular game at BDBL

No wonder he chose United and not some of the bigger names after him who would have been offering about. the same to seat warm until they could assess how he was going to develop for PL. Whereas he would be guaranteed a regular game at BDBL

If true it dispels the rumours we don't pay decent wages although Jim Phipps was quoted on S2 as saying we were paying more than fans thought. Who knows.

What, you mean greed? What's wrong with just being content with your lot and how does one know what Lundstram, Fleck or anyone else come to that is feeling like and what issues they have? Beats me

No - not greed - I worked somewhere where I found out the men were on 25% more than me....for no reason other than I was a woman who had worked my way up and probably wasn't worth as much in the "market". In the end I left...........just felt demotivated by the whole situation and now work for myself.

This is a few years ago - but if anybody is kidding themselves that our current squad are doing it for the love of it - they are kidding themselves - they are doing it for the money. And it must be a hard take to realise somebody is earning 100% more than you for the same job.

No - not greed - I worked somewhere where I found out the men were on 25% more than me....for no reason other than I was a woman who had worked my way up and probably wasn't worth as much in the "market". In the end I left...........just felt demotivated by the whole situation and now work for myself.

This is a few years ago - but if anybody is kidding themselves that our current squad are doing it for the love of it - they are kidding themselves - they are doing it for the money. And it must be a hard take to realise somebody is earning 100% more than you for the same job.
The fact that these guys earn more in a year than most of us do in a whole lifetime points plain and simply to greed imo. Wasn't refering to your predicament Aya which I know nothing about but Lundstrams.
Some folk are just glad to have a job and some cannot help looking miserable all the time, so my good wife tells me, it's just the look they were born with. Lunny may just be one of them?

While I get your point, if I'd been playing out of my socks and the gaffer brought in someone to replace me and paid them 5 times my wages, after telling me to piss off with my wage demands, I might have my grumpy face on.

The fact that these guys earn more in a year than most of us do in a whole lifetime points plain and simply to greed imo. Wasn't refering to your predicament Aya which I know nothing about but Lundstrams.
Some folk are just glad to have a job and some cannot help looking miserable all the time, so my good wife tells me, it's just the look they were born with. Lunny may just be one of them?

All these guys have done amazingly to get to the top of their profession - so deserve what the market rate is.............however they are also human and will always resent people arriving and earning twice as much as them.......let alone 4 x.

Happen to think Salah is not giving 100% at Liverpool at the mo - cos he's not happy with his contract terms

All these guys have done amazingly to get to the top of their profession - so deserve what the market rate is.............however they are also human and will always resent people arriving and earning twice as much as them.......let alone 4 x.

Happen to think Salah is not giving 100% at Liverpool at the mo - cos he's not happy with his contract terms
Suppose the great Keith Edwards is content earning a living driving lorries at 63 and doing the football commentaries for beer money. How the times have changed. In 40 years time the likes of Tracy, the lady who cleaned the toilets at work, may be on top money and driving a Lamborghini to her luxury pad at Ingoldmells, she had amazing control of the brush but could get face on if you pissed on the seat, towd lass. You never know.