Captain Tom Moore - n/g | Vital Football

Captain Tom Moore - n/g

Agree. I have to laugh though at how the BBC and ITV are competing to be his main champions. Which was fine until that thrush Morgan, in a clear self-promotion, made a public donation of £10,000

Agree. I have to laugh though at how the BBC and ITV are competing to be his main champions. Which was fine until that thrush Morgan, in a clear self-promotion, made a public donation of £10,000
Self-righteous git [him not you]. Why didn't he make a donation without Captain Morgan's campaign? The same goes for many others - oh yes I donated to that but would they agree to a penny on income tax?

Just reached over £7 million now.

There's also a run 5k and donate £5 to the NHS challenge doing the rounds on social media. I've done my bit earlier (self righteous, sorry) 😂 and noticed that the funds raised for that are over £2 million so far.

So there we have a couple of feel good stories in these tough times. 👍🏻
Well done mate, nothing self righteous about doing your bit.

Captain Moore has topped £8m now and there is a petition to get him knighted.

Arise Sir Tom, I'd love that.

In a way, I think it would have been an achievement had he collected the original £1,000 but once the media grabbed hold of it it almost morphed onto something else. I certainly think that Tom Moore should get some recognition.

The reality is that the amount collected will not be wasted but it's really money the Govt should have funded the NHS with and a lot more and even more if you include the care sector. I heard a guy saying that he had donated £150,000 grand and that he may have claimed gift aid tax relief. That's odd in a way because the gift aid comes out of the public purse only to go back in again in this instance.

I donated but I'd happily pay one or two pence extra income tax

In a way, I think it would have been an achievement had he collected the original £1,000 but once the media grabbed hold of it it almost morphed onto something else. I certainly think that Tom Moore should get some recognition.

The reality is that the amount collected will not be wasted but it's really money the Govt should have funded the NHS with and a lot more and even more if you include the care sector. I heard a guy saying that he had donated £150,000 grand and that he may have claimed gift aid tax relief. That's odd in a way because the gift aid comes out of the public purse only to go back in again in this instance.

I donated but I'd happily pay one or two pence extra income tax
I mentioned at work that I would gladly forego our annual pay review if it meant the nurses could add it to theirs.
Got to admit, I was expecting tea spat out and dirty looks but was pleasantly surprised when everyone agreed 😳

On a related note , when one leaves the Army , the title Captain is not really meant to be used. The lowest Army rank that you can continue to put before your name is Major*
I don't expect Tom himself uses Captain , that will be the media.

* unless the regulations have changed

As well as being splendid in every way this story is very funny too in an Ealing Comedy way. I'll salute the captain, official title or otherwise. He's Captain Tom by public appointment.

Passed £18M this morning. Well done Tom! He's the British Tommy that we've talked about for years. A real hero :-)