Cantwell or Edwards | Vital Football

Cantwell or Edwards

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
I wonder what Cantwell is thinking about us getting left footed Edwards on loan?
Lets hope the competition will fire up Cantwell and not demotivate him.

It must be a bit of a kick in the teeth for Cantwell - thinking I am given a place on the bench but not trusted to get a few minutes and then a spurs youngster is signed on loan.

I guess he will be loaned out - once a few extra players come in - and he can get a few months of football and come back for next season. The kid is very good and I hope we get the opportunity to see Maddison and him play as they would be a good partnership.

I didn't understand Butler's comments on CC about how we can't expect Cantwell to come in and play 4 games in a row as he is not ready, not had time in this league and is to inexperienced - my question would be what about Lewis - Maddison - Gunn? Why are we a club that has fears of playing youth - Lewis is great but let's get the others some time. Raggett got 2 minutes on weekend why not start doing that with Cantwell?

They said last season Maddison wasnt ready yet he scored well whilst on loan. Now he's back and hey hey we got a really good player, so good the Prem boys want him just as we are now reaping the benefit and we need him more than they do.

Same words with Cantwell - would Maddison have helped us last season - yep but we keep them on ice - so why cant we have Cantwell NOW!!

I think Cantwell needs some time out on loan - Maddison is on record saying his stint in Aberdeen helped him massively, as the Murphy's time at Coventry and Godfrey at Shrewsbury. Cantwell isn't really going to play unless Maddison and Wes get injured, best for him to go get some games in the lower leagues and then he can make a push for the starting XI next season

I think I agree with above two posts . Probably use Edwards until the end of his loan while Cantwell is on loan , then use our own player next season

Cantwell played 90 minutes for Fortuna Sittard and got MOTM in their 3-0 win he also assisted in a goal with a special flick.

Surely he is impressing and this loan is now looking like a good thing.