Cancer | Vital Football

Cancer

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
.... Is horrid, think we will all agree on that. Is it more common these days or is it because people are more aware of it?

It scares the shit out of me to be honest.... I knew someone not so long back who went to the doctors complaining about headache and then was sent to the hospital where it was confirmed he had a 'grade A' Brain tumour, within 3 months he died.... such a shame as he left behind 3 young children.

Cancer research.... with the amount that they are getting through donations (and it must be a lot) why have then not come up with things to fight this horrid desease??

Too many good people are losing their life to it...

They can cure if it is caught early enough but the problem is when the cancerous cells enter the blood stream yours odds of beating it are massively reduced.

It's a strange old one for me to comment on. My late Mom had cancer of the bladder in 1996. They got it. Saved her. She lived another 14 years and died through alzheimers disease. I am glad and blessed to have had those extra years with Mom however at 82 she was diagnosed with alzheimers so it was hell for her and us.

None of us live forever. However it is not the dieing that is the issue, but the way you go is not usually pleasant. Most don't get to just die in their sleep peacefully

its vile!! and it seems to happen mostly to good people at an early age with young children etc...

never see the huntly's of this world having it.

there has to bue a cure soon!

my grandma has just been told she has cancer. She's 86 , lived through wars etc, helped people in her early life as a nurse and saved lots of lives... i just think if she did die of cancer it would be a very harsh thing. I want her to die of old age.... Just a bit gutted to be honest.

Shes not bothered about it and just plodding on putting a brave face on. I still look at her as my Grandma and not looking at her as my grandma with cancer.... she's too old to go though all that keemo (sp) stuff so hopefully it isn't too bad and wont kill her.... she has to go back for more tests where they will be able to tell her how fast it will spread.

Barney2004 - 5/12/2013 10:32

its vile!! and it seems to happen mostly to good people at an early age with young children etc...

Know what you mean karma and all that cancer has no prejudices mate there has been plenty of scum die of it Myra Hindley for one.

gator - 5/12/2013 10:43

Barney2004 - 5/12/2013 10:32

Know what you mean karma and all that cancer has no prejudices mate there has been plenty of scum die of it Myra Hindley for one.

never knew that mate... a bit before my time :14: lol

just seem that all the good people get it. Was looking on facebook the other day, my mates brother died from it on monday, he was 36 and leaves behind an 8 year old boy and his wife. His last picture was of him next to the xmas tree with his son. Horrible.

When you think about it how many ways are there to die when you boil it down?

Some form of cancer, heart attack/issues, accident, dementia, murder, mental health=re suicide type or if you're lucky old age and just take to your bed and go in your sleep. Not to many get the last option..

Barney2004 - 5/12/2013 10:40

my grandma has just been told she has cancer. She's 86 , lived through wars etc, helped people in her early life as a nurse and saved lots of lives... i just think if she did die of cancer it would be a very harsh thing. I want her to die of old age.... Just a bit gutted to be honest.

Shes not bothered about it and just plodding on putting a brave face on. I still look at her as my Grandma and not looking at her as my grandma with cancer.... she's too old to go though all that keemo (sp) stuff so hopefully it isn't too bad and wont kill her.... she has to go back for more tests where they will be able to tell her how fast it will spread.
My Grandma died of it who I deeply loved they reckon she must have been suffering for a long time before she would go to the doctors just suffered in silence.When she did go it was all too late she was unable too eat or drink so was admitted to hospital on a drip and morphine to help the pain.She lasted two weeks she kept asking to see me but I bottled it I was only 16 worse decision of my life and boy have I fucking regretted it since.

thats awful gator. Well im hoping old age will get to my grandma before the cancer. This cancer could have been in her body for a while and not vicious... obviously cancer and take a turn for its worse.

kefkat - 5/12/2013 10:48

When you think about it how many ways are there to die when you boil it down?

Some form of cancer, heart attack/issues, accident, dementia, murder, mental health=re suicide type or if you're lucky old age and just take to your bed and go in your sleep. Not to many get the last option..
Thing is more of us could go in our sleep if we treated the seriously ill more humanely instead of preserving an agonising existence.

The planet gives us everything we need to survive. We had fresh water, air, berries, plants, animals, fish etc..But we screwed up..

If you look through our history, everything we did that was unnatural it brought about consequences. Illness, disease, decay, poisoning etc..Plastic is an awful invention, as too are chemicals, we had a natural balance and we have interfered with it.

We interviewed some tribesmen who "used to be disconnected"(obviously to interview them we have now imposed ourselves onto their lifes) from the outside world - they had elders(old wise people in the camp), yet this only changed once we had made contact. As people growing old now is rarer unless they get medicine from the connected world. In the interview they rarely(if ever) used to have any illness in their tribe at all. They were happy, healthy, etc..

Irrigation and farming brought about many illness..And again in this tribe they were hunter gatherers, they didnt "live" with animals kept in a cage/pen..This is how life should have been for us as a species. Yet we have raped the planet and polluted it. The natural body cannot seem to cope well with the amount of unnaturalness we have put upon it.

Im not saying our way of life is the blame for cancer...But looking at this once unconnected tribe and way of life raises some fascinating points.

My girlfriends mums cousins (i know) went in hospital a few months ago feeling unwell, within 1 month she was dead form cancer. Never knew she had it all. Left behind 2 teenage girls

blackwood_villa - 5/12/2013 11:55

My girlfriends mums cousins (i know) went in hospital a few months ago feeling unwell, within 1 month she was dead form cancer. Never knew she had it all. Left behind 2 teenage girls

it can happen so fast mate, and thats the scary thing!

Its very sad blackwood..As Barney says, it seems all to common these days, I dont think anyone dosnt know a close friend/family member that hasnt been effected by it. It is very scary.

scares me mate... i'll put my hands up to that one... scared of it happening to me and people that i know. Was it as common as this in the 80's and 90's?

GT think I would rather live a life full of toxins fanny and the Villa rather than a nomadic life and end up being eaten by a Tiger.

gator - 5/12/2013 12:47

GT think I would rather live a life full of toxins fanny and the Villa rather than a nomadic life and end up being eaten by a Tiger.
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

gator - 5/12/2013 12:47

That's what is so strange today. We all seem to think things like Cancer are more prevalent than ever, yet life expectancy is rising. The main reason more people now die of Cancer is because we don't die at 30 of Smallpox or Plague.

Bearing in mind my Dad died 8 years ago of Cancer, I don't say this lightly. It's not the worst trade off in the World, is it? He was 64, and we feel he was taken far too early, but that's still a longer life than our natural state would have given, so should we be grateful for those extra years?

It's a bit like two steps forward, one step back.

Too right Heath there are medicines out there that allow us to lead a life that we enjoy it's all about detection and the earlier the better.Body mot's should be done on younger people but I suppose it all comes down to cost.