Cancer | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cancer

No need for that Heath, that isnt the discussion here is it?

Basically our bodies are not made to eat boiled sweets, processed foods and all the malarkey and as a result we have chronic diseases with us today.

Green Tea - 5/12/2013 17:39

No need for that Heath, that isnt the discussion here is it?

Basically our bodies are not made to eat boiled sweets, processed foods and all the malarkey and as a result we have chronic diseases with us today.

But the evidence for your argument is based on a Paleolithic diet. That is a diet from 2.6m years ago. If you don't accept this, then how can you trust the rest of their assumptions?

Or are you saying you didn't read the paper you posted? The one that says over 50% of their diet was animal based? Cholesterol was 50% higher than recommended. Fat intake is 30% higher than recommended? A diet deficient in Calcium, Vitamin D, Sodium and Potassium?

If you read it properly, they document all these, and then make excuses as to why it doesn't matter for Paleolithic people.

Lost three of the best people in my life to Cancer.

Nan, Grandad and my uncle.

Horror of a disease and it doesn't get any easier to take.

Its also the same diet you would have if you were a hunter gatherer. Its food minus the man made messing about/processed. In other words, we are made genetically to eat real food that the Earth provides us with..Not foods that man has messed with in a factory or laboratory.
If we eat foods that are messed with(processed), then the likelihood of disease increases, including cancer..

There is no doubt that processed foods do increase health risks. The problem is what is the alternative in the modern World? How do we feed 7bn people?

There's enough room...The Earth provides all we need, the problem is that man has a screwed up, greedy system.

Sorry, but there isn't enough room, not if you take all the Science out of it. Without the selective breeding of animals and crops, we wouldn't have anywhere near enough food for all. Is starvation better than the slightly greater risks associated with processed and engineered foods?

Prepared - 5/12/2013 17:58

Lost a lot of family and close friends to the disease it affects every single one of us at sometime one way or the other.Very cruel way to go jndeed.

gator - 5/12/2013 18:23

Prepared - 5/12/2013 17:58

Lost a lot of family and close friends to the disease it affects every single one of us at sometime one way or the other.Very cruel way to go jndeed.

I think we're all seeing it more and more. I am also seeing many more full recoveries though. I know three people who have made a full recovery from Breast Cancer, and a few Bowel cancer sufferers in remission.

I wouldn't say we're beating it, but it does look to me like we're fighting back.

GT out of interest what's your thoughts on euthanasia personally where cancer is concerned I think it should be an option to the sufferer.

There is enough room Heath..And enough food for everyone, vast amounts of open space everywhere for every man, woman and child to have huge plots. We waste huge amounts of food everyday due to our greed and stupid system.

Have you ever tried to become self sufficient? Could you and all your family do it?

We are killing badgers because there are too many in the wild. You can actually eat badger and its good for you.

Green Tea - 5/12/2013 18:31

There is enough room Heath..And enough food for everyone, vast amounts of open space everywhere for every man, woman and child to have huge plots. We waste huge amounts of food everyday due to our greed and stupid system.

Have you ever tried to become self sufficient? Could you and all your family do it?

We are killing badgers because there are too many in the wild. You can actually eat badger and its good for you.

LOL. You're talking to a Farmer's Son. I've killed and butchered my own meat, as well as grown my own Veg.

If you seriously think you can provide enough food without cultivation, then you haven't looked into it. You are merely thinking of the developed World, where we waste far too much, I agree. What you aren't taking into account is the weather in most parts of the World, and the fact we would exhaust natural supplies within a few years if we tried.

If we hadn't gone down the farming route in the first place, there would be a fraction of us on this planet now, with up to 80% of all children dying in their early years.

You are effectively promoting a system that increases ain, suffering and death.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/12/2013 17:35

Trekker - 5/12/2013 17:28

My brother has cancer.

Sorry to hear that, Trekker. What type? Are they managing to treat it?

He has Myloma. He had a stem cell transplant 3 years ago, and currently is in remission. It's actually made him shrink more than 2 ins in height. Because this cancer destroys your bones he has to have bone strength treatment every month. He went through chemo and radio therapy at the QE.

On most the continents the climate is fine for people to live off the land, for vegetation, fishing and meat, look at the size of Russia and all the vegetation and wild animals, birds and fish. Look at France and most of Europe the vegetation is vast..You can eat nettles, dandelions, doc leaves and clover etc all are very nutritious and grow all throughout Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia etc..Its just we are so used to processed and farmed foods we fail to recognise the larder the Earth provides naturally. This is not mention seaweeds, seeds, nuts, various berries. This what our genetic make up is used to eating.

Sure some areas, people would die out...But that would just restore the natural balance and stop future suffering for the whole of the human race. The path we are currently going down, its already proved it causes chronic diseases like cancer, plus added to all this suffering that most are now enduring (because of all these illnesses) we are now also questioning on whether the current failed system is sustainable.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/12/2013 13:23

Yep, can't argue gator. The more we learn about medicine, the greater the number of treatments, yet the ability to apply them does not increase. Cost is an issue, as well as just the raw resources in terms of manpower needed.

In the end, I think the NHS will just become an emergency service, and we'll pay for everything else. It just can't cope with the rate of progress we are making.

Totally agree with your statement Heath about the NHS. I have been saying it for years. When Nye Bevin created The NHS he/no one could have envisaged how far medical science would come. It just isn't viable the cost now.

People seem to think we can keep pouring money in/same with pensions and so on. They say we have paid for it through contributions. If you worked out how much average you pay in a working life in contributions it doesn't cover the cost of 1 major operation and aftercare.

Me and my late Mom once did those sums when she had cancer in 1996. It was quite humbling to see how much was paid in on average by a person and how much is paid back through NHS pensions and so on

Trekker - 5/12/2013 19:01

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 5/12/2013 17:35

Trekker - 5/12/2013 17:28

My brother has cancer.

Sorry to hear that, Trekker. What type? Are they managing to treat it?

He has Myloma. He had a stem cell transplant 3 years ago, and currently is in remission. It's actually made him shrink more than 2 ins in height. Because this cancer destroys your bones he has to have bone strength treatment every month. He went through chemo and radio therapy at the QE.

He's done well. That's what my Dad had, but he was too far gone, and the Stem Cell treatment was very new at the time. It didn't help that he got Shingles after his first Chemo, which meant he couldn't continue with this for several months.

The blood ones seem to be the worst, so nice to hear he's doing well.

Green Tea - 5/12/2013 19:13

On most the continents the climate is fine for people to live off the land, for vegetation, fishing and meat, look at the size of Russia and all the vegetation and wild animals, birds and fish. Look at France and most of Europe the vegetation is vast..You can eat nettles, dandelions, doc leaves and clover etc all are very nutritious and grow all throughout Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia etc..Its just we are so used to processed and farmed foods we fail to recognise the larder the Earth provides naturally. This is not mention seaweeds, seeds, nuts, various berries. This what our genetic make up is used to eating.

Sure some areas, people would die out...But that would just restore the natural balance and stop future suffering for the whole of the human race. The path we are currently going down, its already proved it causes chronic diseases like cancer, plus added to all this suffering that most are now enduring (because of all these illnesses) we are now also questioning on whether the current failed system is sustainable.

LOL. We're going to start struggling to feed everyone even with advanced farming methods soon. Yields per acre have got to increase at a greater rate than they ever have in the past to keep up, and so far they're not.

The assumption there are enough natural resources for everyone without the science is just bonkers. You're not taking into account that they don't regenerate quick enough. There's only plenty of the things you mention because currently, we don't eat them.

Well I couldn't care less about the shortage of food were having roasties,pigs in blankets,cabbage,sprouts.carrots,peas,yorkshire puddings and a big fat Badger for Xmas dinner oops sorry wrong thread.

Barney2004 - 5/12/2013 11:40

my grandma has just been told she has cancer. She's 86 , lived through wars etc, helped people in her early life as a nurse and saved lots of lives... i just think if she did die of cancer it would be a very harsh thing. I want her to die of old age.... Just a bit gutted to be honest.

Shes not bothered about it and just plodding on putting a brave face on. I still look at her as my Grandma and not looking at her as my grandma with cancer.... she's too old to go though all that keemo (sp) stuff so hopefully it isn't too bad and wont kill her.... she has to go back for more tests where they will be able to tell her how fast it will spread.

The thing is, the concept of dieing of old age it a myth, there is always something that finishes you off, most commonly pneumonia when your body gets too week to fight off what is a very common infection. 2 of my grand parents went tjis way and trust me, although a quicker end than cancer, it's just as unpleasant.

My dad has recently been given the all clear having been trwated for an agressive prostate cancer. He obviously doesn't want to die but as a man in his early 80s was also very philosophical about it saying "I've got to go some day of something"