Can you name them all...From 1974 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Can you name them all...From 1974

Picture and name below gives it away :grinning:
However I remember that first top flight game well.
Jimmy Bone did score and we drew 1 1. Great atmosphere
in Barclay with my Dad.
Next up were the Binners away and I was at Scout summer camp
in Caister just outside Norwich for a week.
Clearly no phones and we were in a field with no power but somehow even with the basic coverage got the result through on a radio.
I actually think Bone got the winner as we beat scum 2 1

First game : City v Everton?

I was at Portaloo Rd for the Binner 1 City 2 game. In those days the Poor man Rd stand didn't go the full length ( a block was missing at each end)

Club announces the passing of Charlie Crickmore (RIP) . Not a name I know and a player from the late 60s . FFL and DG ...,do you remember him and what can you tell us about him ?

Last edited:
Club announces the passing of Charlie Crickmore (RIP) . Not a name I know and a player from the late 60s . FFL and DG ...,do you remember him and what can you tell us about him ?

Here`s some info for you.

In those days I used to get the bus from my home town Fakenham to watch footie from the age of 12, I certainly remember Charlie Crickmore.

A dashing figure on the left flank, Crickmore made a total of 64 appearances for the Canaries over three seasons, and scored a highly respectable 10 goals while setting up many more.
He started his career with his home club of Hull City, making his debut in 1959 and going on to play 58 times for the Tigers before moving on in 1962.
He then had spells with Bournemouth, Gillingham and Rotherham before being snapped up by City manager Lol Morgan in January 1968 to replace Mike Kenning, who had just left to join Wolves.
Crickmore made his debut in a 1-0 defeat at Portsmouth on January 20 and ended up making 14 appearances and scoring twice as City finished ninth in the old Division Two.
A further 31 appearances and five goals followed in 1968-69 when the Canaries finished 13th and he played 19 more times in 1969-70, scoring three more times, before moving on.
One of those goals came against Ipswich Town in a League Cup second round victory at Portman Road, scoring a penalty in a 4-2 victory, in which Hugh Curran scored a hat-trick.
His final appearance in a season which ended in another mid-table finish came in a 2-0 defeat at Swindon Town on November 1, 1969.
Crickmore left City in March 1970

RIP.

Thanks for the info FFL . My Dad was never a football fan so I never grew up as one and missed seeing NCFC in the 60s and most of the 70s . Stock Car racing was my thing as I lived so close to the Caister Road Stadium