Can we watch Gills in the pub? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Can we watch Gills in the pub?

I’d argue it’s safer watching football in a stadium or in a properly socially distanced pub than with your mates in a house.

Not shooting the messenger as its the crazy make it up as you go along government thats at fault - substantial meals ffs !!!!!

However, non league clubs are allowed to stream games in their clubhouses that sell alcohol. They just have to close the blinds in case someone dares look out the window to watch the game live rather than onthe TV screens!!!!!

That's how much of a mess this lot have got themselves into.

Please remember back to 2020 when stood at the ballot box in a few years time.

I do think we are sort of in agreement about the issue. If the factory was to do the same thing - Limited to say 250 people, ticketed entry. Tickets only available via website to season ticket holders. Then the track and trace aspect of it would be far easier to control than a random pub, when anybody can give fake names, addresses, etc.

Unfortunately football is so far down the list of priorities I don’t see it changing at all. In my opinion, Bunter and co are more likely to point to the fact that “at least we’ve allowed football to continue, so just be greatful for that. It’s working how it is. So no need to change anything”

It irks me the most as many have said before, this is the most exciting group of players I can remember for decades, led by a fully capable, successful management team. Yet we can’t watch them. Ifollow is a good second choice. But nothing beats being at a game. ☹️

I wonder what the threshold is for amount of fans we're allowed in to make it worthwhile?

Quite rightly season ticket holders will get priority but if they've already bought their tickets then it's not actually bringing in extra money. Assuming it costs money to have fans (from staffing etc) there then there must be an attendance figure where the amount of additional spending (food, beer etc) makes it come worthwhile. I'd like to think we'd get some volunteers to cut costs but if they allowed a token 1,000 fans I don't think it'd be worth it.

Being a non-STH it's gonna be a long time before I can go anyway. But at least by then there should be enough fans for an atmosphere.

We are in agreement rob. I was just posting it as a discussion to see if hypothetically it would turn a profit.

the Tories are making a complete disaster of this and the public are just going along with it.

The appalling waste of money on test and trace and even the stupidity of the tracking app. Does everyone realise if you walk in a pub or whatever and scan the QR code it has you present until whichever of the following comes first

(a) You scan another code somewhere else
(b) Midnight.

Example - Grab a breakfast in spoons at 7:30 and you are still in the pub until midnight unless you scan elsewhere. What a waste of test and trace resources.

How could they overcome such a hurdle : One code for IN and other for OUT.

As for the "substantial meal" get out of jail free card - that is ludicrous unless the side salad prevents the spread of COVID of course.

I wonder what the threshold is for amount of fans we're allowed in to make it worthwhile?

Quite rightly season ticket holders will get priority but if they've already bought their tickets then it's not actually bringing in extra money. Assuming it costs money to have fans (from staffing etc) there then there must be an attendance figure where the amount of additional spending (food, beer etc) makes it come worthwhile. I'd like to think we'd get some volunteers to cut costs but if they allowed a token 1,000 fans I don't think it'd be worth it.

Being a non-STH it's gonna be a long time before I can go anyway. But at least by then there should be enough fans for an atmosphere.

This is a good point actually. Now currently the club are putting on games at no actual cost apart from players wages. If 1000 fans are allowed in, spread around 4 stands, then that are automatically a minimum of 4 turnstiles need manning, 4 stands need stewarding, 8 toilet blocks all need sanitising before, during then after the game. I’m not sure how food and drinks would work as current rules are table service only.

I Can see it costing money every home game but with no return.